Need your Suggestion. Please help

zmarcoz

Small Fish
Sep 29, 2007
Dear all,

I bought my 10 gal tank, plants, heater, Whisper 10 filter, and gravel a week ago. Now I want to buy tropical fish. Since I don't know much about tropical fish, I want your suggestion*twirlysmi .

I like to have tropical fish that is small, easy to handle. I want to have many of the same type of tropical fish, but I cannot afford to use too much money on that. I want that type of fish can breeding a lot. Does anyone have any suggestion which kind of fish that I should buy*BOUNCINGS ?

Thanks

Last edited:

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Welcome to the tank! I highly suggest since you appear to be new to fish to take a look at the link in my signature below, it not only has suggestions for fish, but also goes over what it takes to properly set up a fish tank so those new fish don't die! Please read through the "Cycling a Tank" section BEFORE you go out and buy fish!

zmarcoz

Small Fish
Sep 29, 2007
Welcome to the tank! I highly suggest since you appear to be new to fish to take a look at the link in my signature below, it not only has suggestions for fish, but also goes over what it takes to properly set up a fish tank so those new fish don't die! Please read through the "Cycling a Tank" section BEFORE you go out and buy fish!
I can only find ammonia detox, I could not find 100% pure ammonia. Could you please tell me where I can buy it?

ishar

MFT Staff
Jul 27, 2007
Hamilton, ON.
yes, that should be fine. If I am correct it would actually be beneficial? But not sure on that.

I do know that if you want tropical fish that will school, breed, and stay smallish, fancy guppies are a perfect solution. That is what I raise and they breed and constantly drop fry (baby guppies) and they stay below 2" long and look awesome.

DO NOT add fish until cycled though :)

zmarcoz

Small Fish
Sep 29, 2007
yes, that should be fine. If I am correct it would actually be beneficial? But not sure on that.

I do know that if you want tropical fish that will school, breed, and stay smallish, fancy guppies are a perfect solution. That is what I raise and they breed and constantly drop fry (baby guppies) and they stay below 2" long and look awesome.

DO NOT add fish until cycled though :)
May I know how many baby guppies do each fancy guppy drop every time?*laughingc
And also how long will it take for the fancy guppy between each breeding?:D
I checked the fancy guppies in petsmart, and I found that the price of a male fancy guppy is double of the price of female, does anyone know the reason?*GOLDFISH*

HMarcks

Large Fish
Aug 20, 2007
Palm Springs
I would suspect it is because the males are prettier and they probably sell better. Supply and demand. At a store like petsmart I am sure alot of people go in and just point at the pretty boys they want. Alot of poeple don't want to breed but still want the pretty fish so they get boys. If the high demand is for the pretty boys then those prices are going to go up to whatever the customer will tolerate.
You might also want to check out platys, they come in a variety of colors and are also love bearers. I don't think they school at all but I think they are pretty cute.

Last edited:

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Walmart did not have any when I looked. I got mine at ACO hardware, so you may want to try a hardware store. Make sure it has no fragrance, colors (should be clear), or soap suds. Should cost around $3.