Yeah! Buy my fish...& Petsmart Coupon Experience

zmarcoz

Small Fish
Sep 29, 2007
Dear all,

If I should not talk about the coupon experience, please let me know. I will edit this post.

I go to petsmart yesterday and today. I buy many thing, since I found a 15 off 5 coupons. All buddies in this forum ask me have to check the qualify of water before buy fish, so I got test strips & 2 plants from petsmart yesterday. It was total ~$18. I used the coupon *thumbsups , so costed me ~$13 only. When I received the receipt, there was a survay request. I did it by phone, and earned a 3 dollars (giftcard) from petsmart

Today, I test the water. The water is in very good condition which NO3 is ~20, NO2 ~ 0. Therefore, I go to petsmart again.

I buy a AquaClear filter, buy a special filter media which remove amonnia, buy fish food, buy 6 guppies (3 male:3 female). I buy a new filter, because I don't like the Whisper 10 filter which can only use 1 filter media. Now I am using the AquaClear filter, which is using 3 filter media.

*thumbsups OKOK! MAINPOINTS*thumbsup2 .
1. The staff told me that I can return the dead body of the fish if they die in two weeks.
2. The total should be around 40 dollar. I have not tried to figure out the total before I paid. I go to the cashier, she counts only 3 male fish and "1" female fish:D ; I use the 5 dollars off again :D ; and I use the 3 dollars gift from the survey. Therefore, It only costs me $28 including tax

Last edited:

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Of course the water readings will be perfect if you haven't added any fish yet. Sounds like you need to read through the cycling stickies since you haven't already...please do so ASAP before your guppies start dying off on you.

cchase85

Large Fish
Jun 6, 2006
New England
Of course the water readings will be perfect if you haven't added any fish yet. Sounds like you need to read through the cycling stickies since you haven't already...please do so ASAP before your guppies start dying off on you.
If his nitrates are 20 ppm and his nitrites are 0 ppm, I'd say his readings are fine...

JWright

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Snowy Upstate New York
www.cnytheater.com
If his nitrates are 20 ppm and his nitrites are 0 ppm, I'd say his readings are fine...
Or.... Since the tank hasn't been stocked, seeded, or cycled before hand (unless you know how an unseeded tank can cycle in one day), it's much more likely that his tank is just at the very beginning stages of its cycle and the nitrate he's reading is from his tap water.

zmarcoz, MissFishy is right. Test your water daily, and do water changes if the ammonia or nitrite levels get over 1ppm...

~JW

JWright

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Snowy Upstate New York
www.cnytheater.com
I would doubt that too (at least here in the US), but if you noticed, he's using test strips, which are notoriously vague, and hard to read. Any nitrate at all could show up 20ppm (or 20ppm might be as low as the test strip is labeled, so he interpreted it as such).

EDIT: I'll also refer you to this site (Chemistry and the Aquarium) which has a table of nitrate levels in various US citites for 2002/2003. You'll note some of them much higher than 20ppm...

~JW

Last edited: