Why Do Dey Do Dat?

garyr

Small Fish
Sep 5, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bought two angels and they just pick a corner of the tank, stick their noses in it and stay there for an hour until they swim to the other end of the tank and stick their noses in a corner at that end of the tank, then repeat. Why do dey do dat?

Sep 11, 2007
www.forrestcook.com
when i first go mine, they would do the same thing, I put in more plants (thus more hiding spots) and they swim a lot more freely. I think it's a combination of comfort in their new digs and having widely available hiding spots... so no matter where they are they can always hide quickly.

Now mine swim together all the time and roam the entire tank.

garyr

Small Fish
Sep 5, 2007
when i first go mine, they would do the same thing, I put in more plants (thus more hiding spots) and they swim a lot more freely. I think it's a combination of comfort in their new digs and having widely available hiding spots... so no matter where they are they can always hide quickly.

Thanks. That makes sense. I once heard that a bass will stick its head behind a rock and think it can't be seen.

garyr

Small Fish
Sep 5, 2007

How long did it take for them to get comfortable in the tank?