need advice on Montipora Capricornis

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I have a bi-color blenny that I think has been nipping at coral polyps...but couldn't prove it but my sps all took a dive after introducing him along with the foxface.....someone was nibbling.......

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
yeah my thoughts exactly......so I finally thought after 6-8 months I would try an sps again.....picked up a few frags from a local reefer....I see someone may have been nibbling....

shift_9k

Large Fish
Jul 5, 2005
Chicago
www.duderick.com
I've had great luck with my orange cap, the purp cap i had went down hill fast, I didnt light acclimate properly i guess. The guy had told me they had been under 2 250W MH so I figured my 1 150hqi wouldnt be a problem. I guess it was because since i've moved it lower its actually started regrowing where it regressed.

Now to be quite honest I dont even know what my nitrates are at. I havent tested in months. I keep up my weekly water changes and the caps have done great along with everything else in the tank. I do a large chunk of chaeto which is probably helping keep the nitrates down. So to be honest the two caps are the only sps in my tank and they're doing great. Probably the easiest sps to keep if they're doing good in my nano.

I'll post some before and after pics of the OJ tomorrow.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
So to be honest the two caps are the only sps in my tank and they're doing great. Probably the easiest sps to keep if they're doing good in my nano.
actually ive tried a red cap, a monti digita, and a pocillapora ...the pocillapora is the only one i still have from that batch so id say thats the easiest sps ;)
(but my tank was only a month old at the time with no skimmer so i figured id try again)

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
the tank presently run with a mh hqi 150w 10000k Giesemann bulbs that someone gave me to replace my 20000k. I am suppose to trade a frogspawn branch for a DIY 175 mh 14500k MH :). What good stuff ? Mhh my tank is pretty ghetto, i have a modified coralife ss3004, 33g sump, 600 gph sos tidepool overflow, 2x401 ac pheads, 1x201 ac phead, 2x301 pheads, Seio 820, 175 gph filter head used as return pump, 300 gph return pump, 40w actinics, 140 pounds of live rock Fiji, Vuanuatu, Nui, Indonesia ( premium ), Tonga, Sulewasi, Caribbean, Reunion Island, Malaysia etc. Got zoanthids, green striped and hairy mush, green + yellow button polyps, yellow polyps, frogspawn, hammer/frog, Kenya tree, open brain, candy canes and 120 pounds of sugar sized sand.