Never give a man a camera for Christmas...

BalaShark

Large Fish
Dec 5, 2005
It sounds kinda mushy, but I'd like to dedicate these pictures to each and everyone here who has been giving great advise on MFT.
My tanks would not have been where they are today without MFT and all it's members.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
very nice! in your other post when u said you had pink spots on the glass i had no idea it was basically a solid pink back and sides lol ... your definitly doing something right what ever it is keep it up.... can we have some specs like lighting, tank size, age ect.. oh yea and some more pics too btw what type of camera did you get? pics look nice and clear

BalaShark

Large Fish
Dec 5, 2005
very nice! in your other post when u said you had pink
spots on the glass i had no idea it was basically a solid pink back and sides lol ... your definitly doing something right what ever it is keep it up...
:) Thank you very much! Now here's something you don't want to know........... I run both my tanks on *DRUMMER* well-water. Here's what I feed them:
KentMarine Liquid Calcium, KentMarine Iodine and Marine Snow

can we have some specs like lighting, tank size, age ect.. oh yea and some more pics too btw what type of camera did you get? pics look nice and clear
Here are some tank specs:
30G Tank (started years ago as a fresh water) age = 15 months
Coralife Aqualight Tank-Mount, 1- 150 W 14,000K HQI
3 x 1200GPH MaxiJets; 1 Koraline 600GPH
AquaC Remora Pro skimmer w 1200GPH MaxiJet
2 x 100W heaters
Fluval205 filter, insides removes and filled with LR rubble

oh yea and some more pics too btw what type of camera did you get? pics look nice and clear
The camera is an Olympus E410 :)
OK, you asked for it, I'll get some more pics of my newly (5 month) 125G baby.

Last edited:

BalaShark

Large Fish
Dec 5, 2005
Well thank you skratikans. The fish you see there is a Green Mandarin, also known as the Striped Mandarinfish or Green Mandarinfish. Here's some dope on it:
The head and body of the Green Mandarin, also known as the Striped Mandarinfish or Green Mandarinfish, are a mazelike combination of blue, orange, and green. Males may be distinguished from females by their more-elongated first dorsal spine. It is extremely popular with aquarists because of its unusual beauty.
It should be kept in a well-established 30 gallon or larger aquarium with live rock, live sand, and plenty of hiding places. It is moderately hardy in reef aquariums if given special care. It is not overly aggressive towards other fish, except for conspecifics.
The Green Mandarin has been known to spawn successfully in an aquarium.
It feeds on a variety of vitamin-enriched live brine shrimp, live black worms, and natural prey on live rock and live sand.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
nice.. im jealous now.. that was my plan when i first got my house but between doing tile,laminate floors,painting inside and out, ect.. i didnt really have time and just set it regular....you got any pic from the other side?? what kinda lighting did u go with?? this tank is gonna be sweet once mature like your other one ;)

BalaShark

Large Fish
Dec 5, 2005
nice.. im jealous now.. that was my plan when i first got my house but between doing tile,laminate floors,painting inside and out, ect.. i didnt really have time and just set it regular....you got any pic from the other side?? what kinda lighting did u go with?? this tank is gonna be sweet once mature like your other one ;)
*twirlysmi TRe, you couln't possibly be jealous. I have been following your posts..........
Anyhow, the lights currently are Coralife's 36" AQUALIGHT WITH 1-96W ACTINIC / 1-96W 10,000K LAMP SQUARE PIN BASE (W/ FANS)
This needs to be updated as we have changed thought of FOWLR to FOWLR and some mushrooms. Amazingly enough, my Anemone is doing extremely well. Unfortunately, the spot it finds cosy, is out of sight, behind the rocks. I have moved it a couple of times, but it keeps going back to the exact spot :confused:
Here are some more pics. Thank you all for the nice feedback.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
have you ever thought of making one big sump/fuge in the middle and have both tanks drain into 1 sump?? definitly somthing to think about ;) and yes im jealous... no matter how nice your tank is theres always someone with something u dont have

btw why do u have your pc's so high off the water?? and have you ever thought about getting a higher kelvin bulb in that mh??

Last edited:

BalaShark

Large Fish
Dec 5, 2005
You know TRe, I have thought about it, but am not sure how I would go about. Any hints?
Aslo, I'm a little scared if I have a desease in one, it would transfer to the other.

Feb 22, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I am so unbelievably envious of you. I wish I had the $$$ and the time to have a saltwater tank and on top of that I want my tank in the wall like yours is. I will have it that way when I buy my house....Tanks are amazingly beautiful.

BalaShark

Large Fish
Dec 5, 2005
I am so unbelievably envious of you. I wish I had the $$$ and the time to have a saltwater tank and on top of that I want my tank in the wall like yours is. I will have it that way when I buy my house....Tanks are amazingly beautiful.
Animal Lover, I agree, it takes money but then again, so does any other hobby. We started with fresh water tanks, but after visiting the dark side of this forum on the SW tanks, FW looked very vanilla. The one thing I have learned in my (sometimes bitter experience) is to always buy the right equipment. You might get away with some cheaper stuff, but you'll end up buying again. You should see the amount of useless stuff I have in my basement, and have given away........