Yuck!!! Skimmer collection

RedRain5

Small Fish
Mar 20, 2006
Just wondering is it really supposed to smell THAT bad it’s like nasty water X2 or something or is their something wrong with my tank? I don’t usually go sticking my nose in the collection cup so I wouldn’t know.

If you are wondering what brought on this question here’s what just happened & I pray it never happens to any one else!:eek:

I was cleaning the collection cup on my skimmer & I tripped. I fell on my back & ended up with the collected dirty foam/water in my mouth, it was horrible! I managed to keep most of the nasty water/foam from spilling (no idea how I kept a hold on the cup) but I still ended up having to brush my teeth & take a shower. That stuff is rank! I hope no one else ever has to experience that because it tastes at least 10x worse than it smells! I think the longer it sits the worse it gets & mine was way overdue to be emptied! YUCK!!!:mad:

skratikans

Large Fish
Jul 19, 2007
clemson,sc
LOL! I had a similar situation with dirty tank fresh water..I tried to get the hose to start suctioning..and decided to try to suck up some air to get it started...well I didnt pay much attention and ended up swallowing some...I know what you mean

RedRain5

Small Fish
Mar 20, 2006
LOL! I had a similar situation with dirty tank fresh water..I tried to get the hose to start suctioning..and decided to try to suck up some air to get it started...well I didnt pay much attention and ended up swallowing some...I know what you mean
lol I had that hapen once. I don't think I swalowed it but it was in my mouth. It's not nearly as bad as the stuff that comes out of a skimer!