New Tank Done Pic's Inside !

spllouder

Large Fish
Aug 19, 2007
Springfield MO
Well i transformed my tank and redone it . its still a 29 g . but with a 10 g sump/refuge now. i also redid the sand. i used fiji pink sand and looks great. here are the pics : a Before and After :

BEFORE :

AFTER:

AND

spllouder

Large Fish
Aug 19, 2007
Springfield MO
I LIKE IT! I think your corals look better in your before picture but ur right your sand looked nasty. I really like your new 29. Is that a 6 line warrse under your clown fish, in the after picture?

Ya my wrasse swims all over the tank and like's to swim by the clown and some times swin around them . like they stare each other down . but the wrasse never attacks .

BUT You did not see the YWG in the Overflow did you . He already chase him up there . He almost killed my YCG twice . but wont mess with the clowns . one clown is biggest in the tank . i thnk thats why .

my corals ar all disturbed from the move . and the water is still cloudy from the new sand . this is only 24 hrs after a big move for them . do any look like they are dying? i did leave all my Corals and fish and snails in a 10 g sump/refuge for the move . and two snails died .

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I would have to say that it looks so much nicer and cleaner now. I agree that the corals aren't looking like they are quite as healthy as before. Hopefully they come back strong though.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
LOOK GREAT!!

I would get yourself some of the rock people call rubble, its very light a porous, to put into your sump. It will give you some added filtration. You can also get yourself some Chaetomorpha Algae for the sump too. That is you want a refugium sump.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Looking much better, yes those corals will come around in no time. I would be tempted to move my sump return to the opposite side of the koralia and have the two flows collide a bit to create more random flow pattern

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
looks good! the return area in the sump looks awful small ..... you may wanna start planning an auto top off ;) aside from that everything looks great! oh yea and id hope the sand looks better its brand new *twirlysmi