Lots of Baby Bangaii Cardinals!!!

azfishgal

Large Fish
Dec 3, 2006
Arizona USA
Thanks Helena, it's been a lot of work. Feeding 5xs a day, adding vitamins to the food and letting it soak for 2 hours before feeding, daily water change and siphoning, testing water daily, hatching baby brine shrimp.....:eek:

BUT, it's worth every minute. I just hope I am in fact giving them enough nutrition to keep them alive during this next week, which is the BIG test. So lets all say a prayer and hopefully at the 2 week mark I can report some good news. *twirlysmi

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
WOW they really do look amazing. Sounds to me like your doing everything in your power to make sure their is little loss when you hit that critical period. I hope all your hard work pays off!

Good luck with the babies and I can't wait to see your next update :D

azfishgal

Large Fish
Dec 3, 2006
Arizona USA
Update!!!

The babies are 7 weeks and 2 days old today.*BOUNCINGS Sorry I have been away so long. On day 13 we had 8 babies die so that was a sad day and I've lost a handful more since then. But I'm still pretty happy that I have 16 babies!!! I took these pictures today. Enjoy!

azfishgal

Large Fish
Dec 3, 2006
Arizona USA
Awesome! Congrats on getting this many this far. I'm sure you're sick of making BBS by now :p
You said it!!! *twirlysmi I'm now mixing some Cyclopeez with the BBS and some are eating it, but if I just stick Cyclopeez by itself they might take a bite or two but then stop eating. I'm hoping in about a month I can get them on 100% Cyclopeez. I'll have a big party when I can say bye-bye to the live BBS. *celebrate

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
great job! I still have my baby that is now a year old living in my sump. I can't catch the little beggar and he is happy there....I really need to catch him and place him in the 29g......

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
He is currently about the size of a quarter to half dollar size a good inch or so in diameter. Eats everything that I feed him including flake which is something his parents won't touch.......

azfishgal

Large Fish
Dec 3, 2006
Arizona USA
He is currently about the size of a quarter to half dollar size a good inch or so in diameter. Eats everything that I feed him including flake which is something his parents won't touch.......

Wow, that's great. My Bangaii Pair won't touch anything but Mysis Shrimp. However, I did notice one of them starting to eat the frozen Formula One the other day. Maybe they are finally getting tired of watching everyone else eat without them.:rolleyes:

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
ahh mine will eat pellet sometimes......I think it must have to fall directly in front of them though. Mysis and brine and formula one they will gobble up. The baby eats anything.