Fish choice question

trailmule

Large Fish
Jan 2, 2008
A friend is looking to stock her 10 gal. and is looking for a small (2'' or less) fish that can be in small groups (2-4).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

-TM

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
3-4 male guppies are usually crowd pleasers. Get a variety of colors and shapes.

I would suggest 3-4 male guppies, 3-5 ghost shrimp, and a mystery snail. A nice colorful fascinating tank. After cycling it of course.

trailmule

Large Fish
Jan 2, 2008
=)

Would male guppies be okay with female bettas? I know they can be a bad combination with males..

Which types of tetras would work?

And MissFishy, their tank is cycling as we speak! =)

Thanks guys

-TM

d3sc3n7

Superstar Fish
Nov 21, 2007
Ft. Campbell, Ky
www.d3sc3n7.com
Well, they will be happy(er) in 5 or more...but you could easily have 4 with no problems. The large schools are for more of a safety issue than anything. That being said, if the tetras are the only thing in the tank...they have nothing to be afraid of.

cchase85

Large Fish
Jun 6, 2006
New England
Celestial pearl danios (previously known as galaxy rasboras) would be good, except that they have a reputation of pretty much hiding all the time. From everything I have heard, they are possibly the least exciting fish to watch.

They do stay small though...

I would probably stick with tetras or guppies.

trailmule

Large Fish
Jan 2, 2008
Tetras aren't bad, and male guppies would be a good choice as well...

But she wants to have female bettas..... would male guppies be okay with them?

I heard that female bettas should be in groups of 1, or 3+. What else could she put in with 3 female bettas, and a few pygmy corys (which I turned her on to!)? Keep in mind that she will be very good with water changes etc... Kinda neurotic =) So she is willing to be slightly over stocked...

Thanks for all the advice!

-TM