90 Gallon Stocking

J.D.S.

New Fish
Feb 27, 2008
Hey all, new here, but not to fish. Got a 90 gallon cycled, and here's my wish list for fish. Anything that should be added/subtracted from the list?

MAIN FISH:
1x Gold Severum
1x Angelfish
2x German Blue Ram
1x Kribensis
1x Apistogramma Cacatoid(I may have spelled that incorrectly)
5x Glo-Light Tetra(the pink and yellow ones)
3x Gourami(dwarf, powder blue, gold)

Bottom Fish:

2x Dojo Loach
1x Clown Loach

PLANTS:
4x Java Fern
Java Moss
Maybe 1x Amazon Sword

Thanks in advance for the advice. :D

Jan 27, 2004
Nipomo CA
Clown loaches like to be in school so you should get at least 3-4 min. You may have a problem with the mixing of the cichlids that you have, I dont know american cichlids that well so someone else can comment on compatibility.

Did you do a fishless cycle? or do you have some of those fish already?

J.D.S.

New Fish
Feb 27, 2008
I have 55 gallons of cycled water, a cycled filter, some cycled substrate, and rocks that were in the 55. Had the dojos in there for 2 weeks. All water parameters are perfect. :D

Hey all, new here, but not to fish. Got a 90 gallon cycled, and here's my wish list for fish. Anything that should be added/subtracted from the list?

MAIN FISH:
1x Gold Severum
1x Angelfish
2x German Blue Ram
1x Kribensis
1x Apistogramma Cacatoid(I may have spelled that incorrectly)
5x Glo-Light Tetra(the pink and yellow ones)
3x Gourami(dwarf, powder blue, gold)

Bottom Fish:

2x Dojo Loach
1x Clown Loach

PLANTS:
4x Java Fern
Java Moss
Maybe 1x Amazon Sword

Thanks in advance for the advice. :D
The krib, Rams, Apistos, and Angel will not work if you have the Severum. But if you don't get the Severum then i would go with the Rams and Apisto, the krib will be lonely and get beat up by the other cichlids. This way with just the Rams and Apistos you can get 1 male and 1 female and let them pair off and establish territory on opposite ends of the tank. And if your interested you could up the amout of angels to say 3-4?

J.D.S.

New Fish
Feb 27, 2008
Well, I was trying to find a spot to fit in the stocking a "big" fish while keeping with the more peaceful community's colors. I'm not saying OSCAR big(14") but something along the 8" line. I'd prefer a cichlid of some sort to fill that slot, and had read that Severums were peaceful. And I saw the following links, just assumed all would be good.

70 Gallon Community 1 Severum, 2 Rams, 3 Roseline Sharks, 10 Rainbows 2 Rena XP3 2 Rena Smartheater 2 Penguin 660R Powerhead w/pre-filter - Rate My Fish Tank
(note the German Blue Rams with the Severum.)

Community Tank Type 6  Mild Cichlids
(Gouramis, Severums, and Kribs listed.)

Severum | Heros severus
(Note where it says "social companions", they have angelfish listed.)

Maybe I should just try my luck? My fish store is pretty good about returns.:)

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
Kribs and Rams probably won't do well together. There's a great artical in the cichlid's forums on why you shouldn't mix NA/CA Cichlids with Africans.