Buying Fish online

Jan 19, 2008
OK so i was wondering if anyone would mind sharing a few good sites for buying fish from online. im in Bozeman Montana, and the ONLY place to get Fish here now is the Local petsmart or wall mart but i would rather not go to wallmart.
Im only asking because my 29g is getting close to being fully cycled and im wanting to put some neat fishies in there and i was hoping to get an idea of whats out there, what it costs, and then do some research on the fish themselves.

EDIT: i was hoping to get a look at some pygmy Cories too. Im intruiged.. :p

pwrmacG4

Superstar Fish
Jan 16, 2008
My LFS!
that smart not buying from wal-mart but i dt know any good sites i dt whant to take a risk plus is kinda expensive

you do know that this isn't a cell phone..you aren't texting us. you can use whole words here. you don't get charged per letter.

well.. I would definately stay away from apistodave, ask alter40.. complete disaster! I think that there are some sellers out there with a good reputation to buy from.. I believe that liveaquaria.com is a reliable source (or so I read). I know that it is extremely more expensive to order online and you are taking a chance on doa or shortly after.

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
Liveaquaria.com is a good site that, while it's much more expensive then some others comes with a really good 14 day guarentee on almost all its fish. You can buy plants from them as well.

you do know that this isn't a cell phone..you aren't texting us. you can use whole words here. you don't get charged per letter.
It's also easier to read. :)

Anyway, I've never bought fish online but you could have some peppered cories from me...hehe. I don't even know how to package them, but when I do, they're up for sale...maybe...:D

pwrmacG4

Superstar Fish
Jan 16, 2008
My LFS!
:cool: now all of u are on my case about this
we aren't trying to be "on your case"

you are here posting and looking for advice and help.. remember that when you post like a text message. it is easier for us to read it without having to guess what it is that you are trying to get across.

would you go into a bank and ask for a loan talking like that? I would hope not.

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
I purchased from apistodave and recieved my fish alive but my m/f pair ended up being one older male and a very young male. So I would not buy from him again. $75 and no real guarantee... i have read that liveaquaria is a good place to buy, but I havent bought from them.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I've bought fish a couple of times online, but through auctions or forums like this one. I've also sold/sent fish a couple of times.

If you go with an online store, LiveAquaria is very reputable. I believe That Pet Place has a good reputation.

I've bought through Aquabid, and it has worked out fine for me.

A couple of pointers:
-Have the fish sent overnight, if possible
-Avoid extreme temperatures (dead of winter/height of summer)
-Be there when the fish arrive, and have time to acclimate them, even if you have to take a day off work.
-If it's not possible to do that, have them delivered to your work (or to someone who works in an office where they can get deliveries) so the fish aren't sitting out all day.

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008

trailmule

Large Fish
Jan 2, 2008
No I believe the only store in here in PA.... I know they sell pygmy corys at the store, but not on the website.... I don't see why you could give them a call and see if you could order a few....I think were $1.99 a piece last time I looked.