spreading coral

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
Generally, once they are established they will spread pretty quickly on their own; you can peel back the mat, cut it, and tie/glue it down elsewhere and sort of get them spreading from more than one place.

Nov 17, 2006
Hazleton,Pa
Bad news! Today after i got home from practice i noticed that my star polyps where missing!!! The on thing that could explain it is that something ate it or cut it off. Do you think it could have been my pistol shrimp? Also i have a big snail maybe he could have ate it?Also does coral regenerate if it was eaten or damaged the base is still there so i hope.

Jackal650

Small Fish
Mar 3, 2008
Alberta
Ineresting. these corals do sometimes go in and out frequently sometimes, for example, i have a huge mat or green star polyps in my 125 reef and my hermit crab sometimes tramples them and they go in, if the base is still there, then chances are they will come out again or regenerate. it being run over by your snail is a very likely senario.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
hmmm is there any way to kill this stuff? seems to be indestructable in my tank....it is overrunning everything and is quite invasive.....