Brand spankin' new 75G

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Yes, it will.

You will need to get CO2 on there with that lighting, otherwise, you're in for algae issues. High light tanks also need more fertilization. The metabolism of the plants (and algae) is at a higher rate, so you'll need to get your CO2/ferts in line. Planting heavily at the beginning with fast growing plants will also help get the tank balanced faster.

LMarts

Large Fish
Feb 24, 2008
Georgia
I have 3 huge huge Amazon swords that all have at least 20 baby plants growing on them, 4 crinum something or others and 1 lacy java fern. I will be getting more soon though. It is an eco-complete only for the substrate. Will DIY CO2 work? What kind of ferts, I have only ever used the Flourish root tabs before.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2007
www.forrestcook.com
Well - either of those would work fine - and $150 is hard to beat. so if it were up to me and my wallet between only those two, I'd get the current. If 250 is in your budget ofr that coralife, why not look at the sundial I linked eralier or a Tek light? Tek lights are the cream of the crop, but will run you about 300 bucks.

LMarts

Large Fish
Feb 24, 2008
Georgia
Ok, I finally went with the Orbit 48" 4 Lamp with Fan Refurb for $178. I will have to change out the actinic bulbs, but will I have to replace them right away? Will they harm the plants?

LMarts

Large Fish
Feb 24, 2008
Georgia
Ok, but I don't have to replace them instantly, right? I don't have that many plants yet, and have way reached the max on money for this tank. Will be alright to wait a week or two?

LMarts

Large Fish
Feb 24, 2008
Georgia
Alright, I am angry!! Just got an email telling me that they didn't have the light I ordered...even though the website still says it does...now i have to start over.

LMarts

Large Fish
Feb 24, 2008
Georgia
Alright, I went with the Current USA Nova Extreme T5 Aquarium Lighting Fixture, 4X54 Watt, 48 inch. I got it from aquariumguys.com. Hopefully this will finish the lighting saga.

LMarts

Large Fish
Feb 24, 2008
Georgia
ok, well, here goes. Keep in mind I don't have all the plants yet and the light is crap. Oh, and it is in my entryway hallway...couldn't get a straight on pic.

Last edited by a moderator: