Couldn't let TRe have all the glory

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
i mean come on the guy finds deals like squirrels find nuts! ;) Picked these babies up today at the club meeting/frag swap/LFS 25% off sale. :)

Superman Monti

Unknown weird branching type Monti (At least it looks like a monti)

New Acan with many heads, closed up right now

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
very very nice! its too bad i got laid off last week and had to take a job that pays $4 less per hr so unfortunatly its guna be a while before i get any new frags :( ive got somebody holding a nice 4 polyp frag of the tubbs blues but other than that everything is on hold.... hopfuly i can still swing the upgrade to the 240g here in the next few months, man that would be dissappointing if it didnt happen

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
lol i think ive gotten enough frags over the last few months (about 20 differant types of sps) to hold me over for a little while till i get back on my feet... besides its not like i cant get anything at all but i used to set like a $50 a week allowance for my fishtank which now im making $160 less a week so thatll have to stop, but i cant say if i see something really nice i wont jump on it :p

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Wow, that's weird that your LFS doesn't have killer lighting. Much of the time I buy stuff, and I know it's not going to look as good as it did at the store or at a show. Most stores I've been to have heavy actinic lighting to make the corals irresistible.

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Yeah its weird, they run T5s only on the frag tank though. And their Red Sea Max.

Oh and i saw one of the first new Marineland 36" deep setups for sale today. AMAZING. Looked SO good and tempting. 36"x36" cube, 150gal i believe. It was awesome. I'd build my own stand/canopy for it. The Marineland stand and canopy are a little "meh". Canopy prevents you from getting to the back of the tank and the stand is a bit low but has tons of room underneath. The price tag ran like $1600 full setup. Not to shabby i guess.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i woulda guessed a minimum of $50 for that superman monti... the other monti is it the encrusting type? looks kinda like a sunset monti...great deal on the acan aswell
i must say id be a little hesatant to add any sps after that! but at that price u would have to be pretty dumb to turn down that superman :p

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
i woulda guessed a minimum of $50 for that superman monti... the other monti is it the encrusting type? looks kinda like a sunset monti...great deal on the acan aswell
i must say id be a little hesatant to add any sps after that! but at that price u would have to be pretty dumb to turn down that superman :p
Exactly what i thought. I couldn't let them go for that price and i figure Montis are a good type to restart SPS with.

The superman monti was up there in price, but with 25% off and a small more % off for being a club member it worked out quite well.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
to be honest ive had the best luck with pocillapora (as hardy as my softies!) green birdsnest is in the same family as pocillapora.... as far as monti's go caps are pretty hardy, than comes digitata, than the encrusting type,acros being the hardest to keep (at least to my experiance)