Updated FTS and Coral Pics (56kers go die :))

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Well went to the LFS today because i got an email saying they just got in some really nice coral as well as some nice blue zoas. Well i rushed down there, i'm always the first. I was not impressed by the Zoas...not as blue as i thought. Not worth the money. I did however pick up a really really nice chunk of GSP for a good price. And i got to see the owners show tank that he keeps for himself in the back. AMAZING coral back there. Has everything from PPEs to an amazing colony of Tri Color acro, some acans, to new ORA frags that are as blue as the top MFT logo. It was awesome.

Anyway enough blabber, this is what you came to this thread for, pics! Please, don't mind any Aptasia you see in the pics haha.

10gal Nano - 250w MH 14k

New GSP - True color i promise! MH's bring out the best!

Happy healthy acan, this could go for a pretty penny!

Brown skirt Zoas, nice blue hue to them with yellow/green mouths, i call them Oreos.

Small colony of my pink zoas, i keep fragging off of this colony.

Pink frag

Copper Zoas (Brain beside it nursing back to health)

Fire and Ice Zoas

Green Zoas

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Blue Ice Zoas not all the way open, i just moved them onto a frag disc.

Blue/Green Shrooms, covered up in them!

Blue/Green Hairy Shroom, have many of these as well.

All in all i have:

7 Colorforms of Zoas
2 Types of Acans
2 Montis (Superman and Pokerstar)
3 GSP (2 frags 1 colony)
1 Pink Birdsnest
1 ORA Tri-color Acro
1 Pink Pocillopora
1 Toadstool leather
4-5 Ricordea
2 Kenya Tree
1 Trachyphyllia Brain

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
very nice pics! i still think yur sick with the 250w on a 10g lol .... stop slackin n get the big tank already! ill prolly have my 200+ before it happens :p

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
I'm slowly building a nice collection yes. :) Thanks everyone. I'll see if i can get some good pics of the montis later. Maybe some updated GSP pics, they are opening up GREAT and make the tank look 10 times better. This is a huge piece of GSP, you can see it on the left side in the FTS.

LOL Tre, i keep spending money on other stuff!

kay-bee19

Large Fish
May 6, 2006
Tampa, FL
Very very nice! I particuarly like the first two pics. What type of camera do you us and what are the settings (if I may ask).

As a little side note, I noticed a few aptasia's in some of the shots. You will want to get rid of them before they commence to spreading.

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Very very nice! I particuarly like the first two pics. What type of camera do you us and what are the settings (if I may ask).

As a little side note, I noticed a few aptasia's in some of the shots. You will want to get rid of them before they commence to spreading.
To late. ;) I pull them out when i can until i can get some stuff to nuke them with. Joe's Juice, any other suggestions? Truthfully apart from the rapid spreading of some they really arn't bothering me to much. I take rocks out and pull them off but other then that no real troubles.

Most of these were just taken in Auto mode because i am to lazy to mess with manual, and sharpened in Irfanview. Canon 300D (Digital Rebel) stock lens though. Sometimes i'll use my Macro adapter lens.

Thanks all.

Last edited:

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I've used Blue Vet Aptasia Control to remove aptasia. It has worked well for me. They didn't have any Joe's Juice at the LFS, but this seems to work just fine. I only have one or two pop up occasionally in my frag tank. I had peppermint shrimp in my main tank at the beginning, and I've just never seen any in there.

GSP does indeed go wild. I have the braierium (gorgonian) type, and it grows just as fast.

Feb 25, 2008
Savage, MN
Awesome pics Cichlid-Man. I hope to get a couple more softie frags in my tank when I get back from vacation in a couple weeks to join my flame zoa. It was pretty small when I bought it and it has grown a little in the month I've had it but I would like to find a couple others. Maybe a spiderman, a sapphire, or a jack rabbit. I saw a picture of a Darth Maul that looked pretty wicked too.

As far as the aiptasia goes, I had some growing on my LR and I put some Joes Juice on it and it worked great. I put it on the larger ones and my pep. shrimp took care of the smaller ones. So far nothing has come back yet.