News Flash! Pics!!

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i like the rockwork too! itll look great once it starts filling in with corals/coraline .... sry to say im not too crazy about the light not covering the whole tank :p

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
That flatish spot would be ideal for a crocea clam..... :)

looks good though I can't say I favor damsels as one of the first fish in your tank, you may have trouble with them later as you try to add more inhabitants and they will be a b**ch to get out of there with that nice aquascape, be ready to go fishing....hook line and sinker

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
The rock work looks great, with lots of caves and crevices for the critters! I'm not crazy about damsels either, they seem like more hassle than they are worth. If you don't care for them either, why not just get rid of them now before you get a tank full of corals to remove when you finally decide that they have to go? Then you can get a nice colorful wrasse, or dwarf angel or something.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Matt, croceas are boring clams and their byssal threads are so strong they can bore right through rock. I usually suggest that one place the clam on a flattish stone or rock and let the clam attach to that, them place that rock in the rockwork. Yes they prefer rock over sand unlike their cousins t. derasa and other giant clams. Also placing them in the rockwork high like that assures that they will get the high intensity of light that they require.

I would also get rid of those damsels before they get too accustomed to the rock work as it is or you will have to rearrange it when ever you add anything to reduce their aggressive territorialism. I would save your self the bother and just remove them....trade them in for those gobies you want :)

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the info. Always wanted a clam, just been waiting for my system to "break in" a while and make sure i can keep a tank stable. I sure have the light. :p

I agree about the damsels. I had some just as a starter fish and transfer from my dad's old tank and i got rid of them asap. Terrors they are.