compatibility

I know that Midas cichlids are very mean but i was wondering if i put both my midas and blood parrot in a 75G tank will my blood parrot survive?
My midas is 5" and my blood parrot is 3" and i also want to know how big would a tiger oscar have to be to survive also against a midas, because i was planning on buying one.

thanks sebastien

CoNMaN

Large Fish
Jul 1, 2003
Madison, Wisconsin
Visit site
It will probably be a tight fit. And the blood parrot will probably be unhappy, and will most likely fight back, or just fight unprovoked. You could give it a shot as long as you had a different home ready for the parrot.

Jul 22, 2008
One of ten thousand questions.

I am so newly addicted. I am though happy to know I am not alone.
So I am about to buy a tank from a woman who no longer wants it and is neglecting the tank and fish quite badly.
Tank 55g
Population
3 Geophagus
2 Gold sevrums (aprox 3")
2 leaf fish
3 Buesmani Rainbow fish
3 Clown loaches
1 siamese algi eater
There is
1 500 Aqua Clear
1 200 Aqua Clear
1 powerhead filter

I would like any and all advise on this you could possibly give.

I never had a fish tank until a week and a half ago, now I have a 45g with 5 very happy always dancing betta and a 26 gallon with 1 male betta who will soon be joined by a few tankmates.

I have always had dogs and cats (5 dogs 3 cats) I have a Pet Sitting business and became infatuated with various clients aquarium fish and am now hopelessly drawn.

Please offer any advise as to how to bring this new brood to my home and give them a good and full life.

Thanks

CoNMaN

Large Fish
Jul 1, 2003
Madison, Wisconsin
Visit site
I am so newly addicted. I am though happy to know I am not alone.
So I am about to buy a tank from a woman who no longer wants it and is neglecting the tank and fish quite badly.
Tank 55g
Population
3 Geophagus
2 Gold sevrums (aprox 3")
2 leaf fish
3 Buesmani Rainbow fish
3 Clown loaches
1 siamese algi eater
There is
1 500 Aqua Clear
1 200 Aqua Clear
1 powerhead filter

I would like any and all advise on this you could possibly give.

I never had a fish tank until a week and a half ago, now I have a 45g with 5 very happy always dancing betta and a 26 gallon with 1 male betta who will soon be joined by a few tankmates.

I have always had dogs and cats (5 dogs 3 cats) I have a Pet Sitting business and became infatuated with various clients aquarium fish and am now hopelessly drawn.

Please offer any advise as to how to bring this new brood to my home and give them a good and full life.

Thanks
Welcome to the hobby and forums, Now first thing you will probably want to start your own thread in the beginers forum, instead of hijacking someone elses. Maybe a mod can move this post for ya.