Weekend Feeding

MatthewLaw

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2008
PA
Greetings All- I will be away for the weekend (Friday night- Sunday night) and was wondering if I should give the fish a 'bigger' dinner before I leave on Friday night?

Or should I just give them a normal dinner and 'hope' that they survive an extra day without food?

I know one extra day without food isn't going to cause them to starve to death but just wanted to put that question out there. Thanks!

MatthewLaw

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2008
PA
oh that's an idea. my TBs attack the food every night like they have not been fed in weeks!! i give them plenty of food and make sure that there is nothing remaining 5 mintues after i have put it in. so i am concerned about feeding them every OTHER night.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Always remember that a hungry fish is a healthy fish. Think about how often they would eat in the wild. Also how much more energy they would be exerting. My other reason for feeding that way is my fish dont get fat :p Sometimes too I just throw in bottom sinking wafers and let the fish pick at those. Then I dont feed for 2 days after that. Its nice to divvy things up for them, you know.

MatthewLaw

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2008
PA
interesting!

hmm interesting ideas. thanks for the advice/help!

have you dealt with rainbow sharks before?? i find that during feeding time, the TBs are very aggressive and the RS just eat what the TBs dont get to!

MatthewLaw

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2008
PA
thanks c-man

Thanks for the advice.

I performed a 50% water change last night. i checked the nitrite level this morning and it somewhere between 0.5 and 1.0. Definitely not as a dark as the 1.0 sacle but not as lot as teh 0.5.

Everyone appeared to be happily swimming around....

jo3olous

Large Fish
Aug 6, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
oh that's an idea. my TBs attack the food every night like they have not been fed in weeks!! i give them plenty of food and make sure that there is nothing remaining 5 mintues after i have put it in. so i am concerned about feeding them every OTHER night.
TBs eat regardless of whether they're hungry or not. Of course they'll die if you overfeed, they just don't know when to stop!