$10 zoanthid frag heads up

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
As they started to open up last night before the lights went off everything seemed to be what it was supposed to be. Lights come on here in a couple hours, but I am off to Tahoe for the weekend around 1:00pst so I don't know if pics will happen today.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
Frags - 5 days in

Hey all, here are the frags after five days in the tank. They all have opened up nicely and look good.

#1: The Eagle Eyes

#2: Green Gobblins. The perimeter looks more rusty in the pics, but it is red, though the red is not nearly as vivid as it seems in the images sent by elitereefs, but I think they will probably darken up a bit over time.

#3: Black Hole Suns. There appears to be only one on the frag (upper left) which is disappointing. The rest seem to be what they sell as "Pennies From Heaven". Also a cool zoanthid, but not as cool as the Black Hole Suns so hopefully the one makes it and spreads. Even with the other zoanthids it is small. Overall, this frag let me down.

#4: Radioactive Dragon Eyes. As best as I can tell, these are the Radioactive Dragon Eyes, though they may be Neon Dragon Eyes. This frag was a freebie as the frag pack I ordered only included the three above.

Overall, I am happy with my order. I am disappointed with the one frag, but everything else looks good and I can't complain about getting a free frag so I think I would order from them again.

Also, I know the pics are kind of poor. I'm still figuring out how to shoot effectively with the metal halides and I am also working on getting better macro shots.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2008
Savage, MN
That's kind of goofy. When TRe told us about this a few weeks ago, I subscribed right away and like within 5 minutes I got an email back from them to confirm my subscription and I have been receiving the emails from them ever since.

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
That's kind of goofy. When TRe told us about this a few weeks ago, I subscribed right away and like within 5 minutes I got an email back from them to confirm my subscription and I have been receiving the emails from them ever since.
Yea strange I signed up after seeing Tre's post too and have received several emails from them.

Those are some nice ones I like the Sweet Revenge too. Not ordering any yet though. Maybe another few weeks or so and I'll start adding more to the nano. My LFS sells some nice sized rocks of 50+ zoas for $20-$25 but they are all the plain looking brown or green brown palys. These three types are the only ones I've seen there. Wish I could get some of these there for the price. I'm hesitant about ordering anything to the Phoenix area for fear of frying in the 115 degree heat outside.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
For comparison, after a couple weeks in the tank the Green Goblins really darkened up and appear as pictured in the ad. Unfortunately, my one Black Hole Sun detached and floated away somewhere (can't find it); hopefully it ended up somewhere where it is still getting light and will reattach and spread...

Earlier:

Now:

Last edited: