Changes in swimming habits...

TAL

Large Fish
Sep 7, 2008
A fish swimming upside down is not always a sign of him having fun. Sometimes it is, but sometimes not. Are you actually reading and absorbing anything that we're saying?
Yes.

My shark isn;t swimming upside down. He is fine. I just had to type that :)

I have learned alot. Heck..... just thought I coulde buy a tank and buy whatever fish they had in the tanks....

Example... had no idea that some fish like to schol and might only be hapy in groups... thats why I have the 5 wishies because 1 alone was cruel.

I am on the steep end of the learning curve but the fish do look good and active.

Aug 4, 2008
I believe you mean NH3 / NH4. Ammonia (NH3), and the slightly less, but still harmful Ammonium (NH4). :D
Yes. But as I understand it. My test kit does not differentiate between the two. So as far as my test kit is concerned they are the same. When the ammonia reading gets high, change water/find the dead thing(s) in the tank that I didn't see.

I may very well have misunderstood that.. So please correct me.

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008
Yes. But as I understand it. My test kit does not differentiate between the two. So as far as my test kit is concerned they are the same. When the ammonia reading gets high, change water/find the dead thing(s) in the tank that I didn't see.

I may very well have misunderstood that.. So please correct me.
No, you're right. The test kits test for both NH3 and NH4. Which is why you sometimes get what's called "false positive" readings.

But still, I don't think there's such a compound as NH. :)
Woo, my chemistry professor would be slightly proud of me for remembering the stuff he taught us.

So you lied? You told us something that wasn't true just because you wanted to? I can not describe how I feel now. :mad:

Oh KB, lighten up a bit. You'll deal with a lot of people like this as you continue to grow up. The best remedy for this is to just ignore and move on. Letting something this childish get you mad only gets you tired more easily. It takes less muscles to smile like this :D than to frown like this :mad:

*twirlysmi

TAL

Large Fish
Sep 7, 2008
So you lied? You told us something that wasn't true just because you wanted to? I can not describe how I feel now. :mad:
Sorry.

I will take pictures of the tank and fish if I can to make it up to you.

Pictures are fun. Everyone loves pictures.

I loved the ones here where the guy made his own background out of concrete with caves for the fish. That was awesome. TO bad it got stuck in that closet.

I have plans for making a neat background in my big tank but thats another thread that I am not ready to start yet.

Oh KB, lighten up a bit. You'll deal with a lot of people like this as you continue to grow up. The best remedy for this is to just ignore and move on. Letting something this childish get you mad only gets you tired more easily. It takes less muscles to smile like this :D than to frown like this :mad:

*twirlysmi

Ok, ok, I'll just smile and wave. *BOUNCINGS

jo3olous

Large Fish
Aug 6, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Ahhh...

This is fun :)

My fish love it here.

My rainbow shark is swimming upside down now.. How much happier can he be to be doing tricks like that!!!
Uhhh okay maybe you are purposely torturing this fish and wanted to post about your noobness to make everyone angry :eek:

EDIT* K since I think you have 5 threads or so TAL, everyone should've taught you everything you need to know to make those fish live for at least the next few months, starting with the new tank. So read, absorb, do what you gotta do. I'm not answering your threads until you post pix of the new 50G tank with all the fish you have now swimming happily (except that nasty goldfish)

Last edited:

TAL

Large Fish
Sep 7, 2008
Thats no fun jolo.

I have my bigger tank coming soon and a picture thread coming tonight...

You HAVE TO partake.

It wont be the same without you!