new to fish keeping ive got a 10 gal

Ermull

Small Fish
Oct 12, 2008
OK so i have a 10 gal with 2 sword plants ana some grass. also a castle a small one.

3 really small white cloud tetras

2 aggazi corys

1 plecostomus reg

3 guppies

please tell me if im doing soemthing wrong or im being retarted.

no fish expert has givin me good advice so im kinda searching for help.

I have a second 10 gal what should i do with it and what should i get.

plz tips are so appreciated.

Ermull

Small Fish
Oct 12, 2008
ill try and get one or a couple up tommrow are plecos good without heater and filter.

thanks what should i do with my other 10 gal??

You can stock it with community fish like your other one. Just stick to the "one inch of fish per gallon of water" for now and you'll be fine.

You could also do a dwarf puffer. They are extremely cute! Smaller tanks really limit you on what you can put in there, so community fish or some shrimpies are probably the best to go with.

Ermull

Small Fish
Oct 12, 2008
ok since u guys know what in my tank and i have a 10 gal what should i do with it im willing to trade in my fish to theme.

also what about airstone volcanoes.

parents wont let me start up my other one because imm busy with football.

so what do u guys think.

i love my pleco

I'd barely put bala sharks in a 55 gallon because of their size. Potentially 13 inches, but probably a little smaller. Also they should be kept in groups no less than three in my opinion. 10 Gallon tanks for me are small community tanks, or QT tanks. Also as for the airstone if you have enough water agitation on the surface then you don't need one. But for strictly looks they can look pretty cool.

I'm not sure why you want to change your tank setup...do you just want more fish or different kinds of fish?

Like I said earlier, there isn't much you can do with a 10g but you can try to make the most of it.

3 really small white cloud tetras
2 aggazi corys
1 plecostomus reg
3 guppies
If this was my tank, I would add two more cories. I'd get rid of the pleco before he grows too big for his home and if I liked guppies (which in reality I don't like, but maybe you do) I would get three more of them.
That would stock your tank and you'd have more fish! :D

You might be able to do a swordtail or two...avoid mollies, I hear they get big. But swordtails only get around 2 1/2 to 3 inches so those may work. I'd actually do two females in that case; not a male and a female.

I'm not sure what else would stay small enough to be in there other than tetras which you already have.

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Ok, I don't know if this was covered elsewhere, but was this tank actually cycled before adding any fish to it? How long has it been up and running? I'd suggest reading through my website linked below in my signature about cycling and tank stocking if you want some basic info and ideas.