Bad Site :(

Chris_A

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
That's only if your local water service uses chlorine. Most in North America that I'm aware of have switched to chloramine but I'm sure there are some smaller population centers that haven't. It would take several days under outdoor sunlight (for the UV) with heavy airation to get the same results. So far as the UK... Not a clue.

Just a note, chloramine is essentially chlorine bonded to ammonia.

It really is sad isn't it... But these "buisnesses" will never go away. When one goes under another pops up.

Chris

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008
If you read some of the fish descriptions though, they'll say they need bigger tanks... like for the albino oscar... it says it needs a tank with at least 3 or 4' of length.

How did you stumble upon the website?

ishar

MFT Staff
Jul 27, 2007
Hamilton, ON.
I was looking for a picture of te silver tipped tetras I just bought for a friend when this site came up in my search.

To the site's credit it does not say anywhere that the fish it gives info on would work in a bowl, BUT it sure as heck doesn't say anywhere that they wouldn't work either.

PlecoCollector

Superstar Fish
Aug 21, 2005
Clinton, NY
"Bowl will hold about 3-5 goldfish comfortably"... for 5 minutes.

Wow, sites like this are why people stick Orandas in bowls and then claim they lived a long 3 month "life". Makes me sick.

I still think people should have to have a license for keeping fish- unfortunately that'll never fly.