Pepperment Shrimp

Jul 12, 2007
Where else?
Hey,

I went away for a week (nothin good ever happens when you leave for more then 5 days lol), and now my tank is FULL of anemones! I'm not talkin' 10 or 12, but dozens! the largest of which is 3/4 to 1 inch in lenth.

So, I'm thinking about getting Pepperment Shrimp to help to solve this problem. What do you think?

Almost forgot, I would juice them with Joes Juice but the mixture itself would cause my ph to go up too much.

Chris_A

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Joe's Juice is nothing more than Kalk. So yes in large doses it can affect your water chemistry. Key words there are "large doses" and "can".

Peppermints are pretty hit and miss... they like free food too lol ;). I've had some that eat Aptasia but most that would rather wait for the "free meal" ;).

I just tried Red Sea's Aptasia-X and so far am rather happy. I'm not seeing the normal "poof" of water and kalk which is a good thing. Apparently that can be them releasing larvae before dieing. The Aptasia-x is supposed to "glue" the mouth shut.

There is also Berghia Nudibranchs (Berghia Nudibranchs <- Pic) but read up on them. I decided not to get them when I found out how poorly they shipped and the amount of work you need to do to keep a colony going.

the apista (they arn't anemones lol)
Interesting, I've never heard this before. Could you point me in the direction of some reading?

Chris

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
If you are worried about the joe's juice affecting your water parameters you could take to rock out and treat it outside of the main display....say in a qt tank

Jul 12, 2007
Where else?
Thanks all. I'm going to go ahead and get 2 of them to just see how they do, If they don't eat then its fine. They look like they make nice pets anyhow.

However, I think I'm going to take the most infested rock out and juice it a little bit.