Uptade: WITH PICS!

noob23

Large Fish
Dec 17, 2007
SoCal
Its been a while, everything is going great, fish are healthy, corals are healthy.
Inhabitants as of now...

Fish:
1x Flameback Angel
1x Ocellaris clown
1x Six-Line Wrasse

Corals:
Brain
GSP's
Xenia
1 Flowerpot
Purple Zoas
1 Knobby Wall

How does everything look? Any comments, questions, concerns are greatly appreciated.

noob23

Large Fish
Dec 17, 2007
SoCal
Wow, thanks for all of the feedback people, i am really loving this tank.
1979 camaro - I am running an whisper 30 filter, carbon only, and about 25 lbs. of LR. Might be switching the HOB filter with a BakPak skimmer soon. Doing 5g water change every other week.

I snapped a few more pics...

Brain

The "Fan Favorite" (Best i could do, hes very quick, and a little shy)

Better FTS

noob23

Large Fish
Dec 17, 2007
SoCal
Its not too good, a 36w PC 50/50. I need to upgrade, but i cant find anything better that will fit in my stupid little canopy. Im sticking with fairly low light soft corals and polyps.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I wouldn't really recommend MH on a small tank in SoCal. The heat will be a huge problem come summer, unless you have a bottomless wallet for a chiller or to keep your A/C low enough.

There's nothing wrong with sticking to lower light corals and enjoying them.

noob23

Large Fish
Dec 17, 2007
SoCal
Yep lotus pretty much summed up my thoughts, i still get a small amount of heat transfer with this light in the summer.

New Frag, and lucky picture of the angel

FTS

noob23

Large Fish
Dec 17, 2007
SoCal
Looks nice, looks like the coraline is starting to grow on that front rock.. Did you make those rocks or drill out the center or something?
Nope, those rocks were all natural. The two bigger pieces which the xenia and flowerpot are on are Tukani, which are my personal favorites. The rest is a mix of Fiji and Caribbean.