weird white dot on my puffers fin

Whiskers

Large Fish
Feb 29, 2008
central Michigan USA
after looking at my 110 and my 55 gal tanks im getting a better idea as to the size of your tank. one suggestion i would make is for a bottom feeder, a synodontis eupterus (aka featherfin). they get some size to them and look cool IMO. just a suggestion so check em out for yourself see what you think and i can say, i've really enjoyed mine.

Mar 9, 2009
Culpeper, VA
www.myspace.com
after looking at my 110 and my 55 gal tanks im getting a better idea as to the size of your tank. one suggestion i would make is for a bottom feeder, a synodontis eupterus (aka featherfin). they get some size to them and look cool IMO. just a suggestion so check em out for yourself see what you think and i can say, i've really enjoyed mine.
ohh wow i really like them

ill see what happens with my fish and then maybe consider getting it

id love to work around my dojo loach, catfish, and plecos

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
I am going to add on other thing, plecos are territorial, I have 1 12in pleco in my 90G oscar tank. 90G and 75G are the same footprint, which means there are the same length and width. Now I have some striped rapheal catfish and some convict fry that were supposed to be food but thats anoth story, in this tank my 10in Oscar and 12in Pleco fight, I will be sitting and glance over and watch the pleco come across the tank and ram the oscar, then they fight for a while and then back to normal. I had 2 Oscars in this tank at one time, one unfortunatly died in nov., what I do know is with a Rena xp3 canister filter and an Aquaclear 110 HOB filter I still have to monitor the water conditions closely. So in my experience you have room for 1 large cichlid and 1 pleco and that is pushing it.

Whiskers

Large Fish
Feb 29, 2008
central Michigan USA
ok brian im curious. the pleco i have in my tank doesn't bother anyone so im wondering is it because all the other fish are smaller and it doesn't feel threatened or is it just a personality type thing. a side note with this pleco is that it came from a 40gal long tank which also housed a oscar and the lady i got it from never said anything about them fighting. she had these fish for quite some time and the reason i aquired the pleco is because the oscar died and she didn't want to monkey with aquarium anymore. thoughts?

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
I have no idea, I have heard they are territorial but didnt really believe it until mine started to do this, honestly seeing how there are no injuries it could be just them playing I really dont know. I seem to have odd fish anyway since like I said in another thread the oscar has adopted the fry that he was supposed to snack on.

Mar 24, 2009
Texas
Puffer

I have a Puffer that looks almost exactly like yours and it also has that little white spot like yours on its back fin... I am worried about him what did you decide to do and or did you figure out what it was for sure?

bmoraski

Large Fish
Mar 9, 2009
Upstate NY
Pleco

I have no idea, I have heard they are territorial but didnt really believe it until mine started to do this, honestly seeing how there are no injuries it could be just them playing I really dont know. I seem to have odd fish anyway since like I said in another thread the oscar has adopted the fry that he was supposed to snack on.
i was ignorant of pleco (sucker fish)being predatory fish (until being on this forum)
i have had them (to eat algae)in my sons 10gal which hes in a 550 gal pond now. What a nightmare getting him out ! LOL ( and i know he ate good )
also have one in my 20 gal (not for long !)
im still a noob plugging away making sure i take care of these little creatures that are (in captivity) and at my mercy ! LOL
sorry didnt mean to hijack this post

Last edited: