Couldn't believe this!!!!!!

Mar 3, 2009
:confused:I was looking for a good used tank online and came across this in my area...couldn't believe the stoking of this tank...remeber this 30 gallon with fish can be yours for $100u.s...
" have a 30 gallon fish tank , it comes with everything, filter,the vaccum to clean the tank, oxygen bubble machine, a heater, a thermostat,the lid, and a light,rocks, plants and big rock sculpture, and the fish include, two red tail sharks, the large one is probably 5 in. long the other is smaller, a 6 in. balla shark! , two half dollar black and white stripped chiclids, a huge pleco (aka) bottom feeder, two chinese alge eaters. and a horseface loach i hardly ever see he stays under the gravel......the tank has live fish so upon purchase know you will be hauling a tank with some water and fish in it.." what were they thinking stocking these fish together in a tank at all not to mention one so small!!!!:confused:

Mar 3, 2009
hey just a side note...just got to thinking about this...will i need some extra floor support when i decide to go to a 75 or bigger...i live in a mobile home and got to thinking about this the other day...any advice would be helpful.

iexiak

Medium Fish
Jan 13, 2008
lol yeah, also if you move a tank with water in it its going to break, and then fish and water everywhere...

hey just a side note...just got to thinking about this...will i need some extra floor support when i decide to go to a 75 or bigger...i live in a mobile home and got to thinking about this the other day...any advice would be helpful.
yeah i thought a 75 would be ok, but im going to take some extra precautions for a bigger tank....try to spread out the weight if you can. If you live in a mobile home put the tank right over a support, and it would hopefully be ok. you could contact the manufacturer and see if its rated for that kind of weight...8.33 x 75 = 624 pounds almost...

good luck!

Chris_A

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I have a 90gal in a moble home, it's even on a tube steel stand. I just made sure it was close to some support blocking and put it on a piece of 3/4" plywood to help distribute force a little. When I switch up to a larger tank, I'll be putting additional bracing under the home probably in the form of DIY screw jacks.

Unless you can guarentee that your place will stay level, I would recommend a tube steel stand with 12-14" sections of ready rod, two nuts per and a USS washer per as the feet. That way you can adjust level with two wrenches. Only takes minutes to make if you have access to a welder, vice and angle grinder (oh, and safety glasses ;) ).

Chris