Moving...

Chris_A

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
just keep it wet.. i have a canister filter so im just gonna keep it full when i move my tank downstairs... or just in a bucket of tank water
I would not recommend this actually... If the bacteria are kept submerged it really doesn't take long for them to use up the O2. Your best bet for any length of time is to just keep them moist. For a canister with quick connects (any other than the "new" style fluval/Eheim anyway) the easiest way is to simply drain the water and close the quick connects. For HOB's and Bio-wheels just put the damp pieces in a zip loc and *don't* push out the air.

Also for the substrate, the best way is moist as well. Rubbermaid containers and/or garbage bags are the easiest that I've found. Again, just try to have only a little water in there.

Chris

Chris_A

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
is petco the only place that accepts them?
Try Big Al's on 99th st and 34th ave (right around there anyway). You probably won't get anything for them but they more than likely will take them. Just give them a call first and ask for Michael (fish room manager) or David (assistant FRM).

There's no Petco's in Alberta, to my knowledge there aren't any in western Canada actually. Not sure about anything east of Manitoba though.

Chris

unwritten law

Superstar Fish
Sep 2, 2008
DC
I'm just gonna move my tank downstairs so I should be okay with just disconnecting the filter. I'm still gonna need to drain the tank and take out fish though since it's gonna be way heavy.