cleaning a tank???

shanec

Small Fish
May 2, 2009
Ireland
i strongly suspect all the fish left in my fish tank have tb....and i want to now how to disinfect my tank so that it is safe to start up agen and im pretty sure there gunna all drop of soon....there's 4 of them....

so can someone giv me advise...i am planing to use it agen for fish in the future if its possible!!!

shanec

Small Fish
May 2, 2009
Ireland
ok....and as for the decorations??heater??gravel??

im guessin il prob hav to scrap the gravel and the filter....wat about everything else tho???

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
TB = tuberculosis

I agree, bleaching and thoroughly drying should get rid of it all. Soak the decorations and filter with bleach solution, too. A bucket full of bleach solution would be useful for the filter and decorations. If you have natural driftwood, it would be a good idea to just dry that out for a few weeks.

shanec

Small Fish
May 2, 2009
Ireland
yh i was searching for good info on it for hours...i managed to find a photo of what was supposedly an affected human....they had like these boils...or large spots around were there was a cut...it was really disgusting....i cant seem to find it agen...but ive read thats what it does...but then again i cnt seem to find anything on the web from someone who has or claims to have had fish tb.

newayz...it would suck big time if it did get into someone:eek: