Aquarium feet on the bottom of the stand?

Jul 10, 2009
Hi i have a 6x2x2 fishtank stand. the problem is that the feet under the stand one has brokon there is 8 in total. and i cant seem to find anywhere that sells them. they are plastic round in shape. so i was thinking of making a frame out of wood to go around the bottom of the stand and two supports in the middle of the frame. would this work in the same way has the feet would do on the stand
Thanks
David

Nov 19, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
if you do that i would be using 2x4's and reinforcing the crap out of that. remember that 1 gallon of water equals like 8 or 9 pounds cant remember so if your at like 75 gallons your talking having to support almost 800 pounds so make sure if you do that you EXTRA reinforce it. heck you may even want to use 4x4's. some types of wood are soft and some are hard so keep that in mind. it should work if you do all that. what kind of wood they use for fish tank stands i dont know

bmoraski

Large Fish
Mar 9, 2009
Upstate NY
remember that 1 gallon of water equals like 8 or 9 pounds cant remember so if your at like 75 gallons your talking having to support almost 800 pounds so make sure if you do that you EXTRA reinforce it. heck you may even want to use 4x4's. some types of wood are soft and some are hard so keep that in mind. it should work if you do all that. what kind of wood they use for fish tank stands i dont know
1 gallon of water = 8.34 lbs
75g = 625.5 lbs
but then you have to add gravel decoration etc. so like tropical said make sure you reinforce it good

Last edited: