This is probbly a dumb question

DclownD

Large Fish
Jul 11, 2006
Syracuse, Ny
Where does one get the small plant pots people put in there tank empty for fish hiding places? Im gonna check at my local petco tomorrow as iv decided to re land scape my entire 30g tank. Any good suggestions for cheap re landscaping?

fishums

Small Fish
Aug 3, 2009
You could always use sand (if you haven't already). I went to wallmart and got three 20 pound bags of blue play sand for a total of like six bucks. it looks great in my 55 gallon tank and was way more budget friendly than putting new rocks in there. The only thing i worried about was the filter intake sucking it up (hang on back filter) but i got this stuff from were i work that allows water to pass through it but blocks the sand. I think its called dell net or something like that. I just wrapped it around the bottom were the water comes through.

vahluree

Medium Fish
Jan 18, 2009
Euless, TX
i figured but i wasnt sure about wether or not some would have a coating wich wouldnt work out with fish hehe thanx and ill give it a whirl
I recently put some terra cotta pots in my tank! These pots previously had plants in them, so I gave them a good scrub and a soak in hot water before I put them in the tank. I didn't want to bring any unwanted elements in the tank. If I were you, I'd give the pots at least a soak in hot water, just to be safe... you'll have to share pics when you get them in!