Neo Nano startup

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Some of you may have seen from the other thread that I won a Neo Nano.

Here are some pics:

Before water:

With water and sand:

Cleared up the next morning:

Shot from the top (the sand around the waterfall part has been displaced by the water jets):

Ecotank plugging in the light:

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
your really guna have to work on the rock work cause IMO it really makes or breaks shallow tanks like this but its a great start! i would have waited on the corals till the rockwork was squared away but who am i kidding i prolly would have jump the gun too! :p its guna be nice with the MH tho

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Well, we have the new light on, but I haven't managed to move any of the rocks around yet. I'm hoping in the next few days. :)

Today was "fish day" i.e. the day we do water changes, etc. However, we had a bunch of other tasks to do, like cleaning up some of the tanks we broke down and moving one into a new position (the one that made way for the nano). We also fragged a small colony of zoanthids. We promised some frags to a few friends and associates.

I'll try to get pics up over the weekend. I'm guessing the second aquascape won't be the final one. I'm still trying to figure out how best to aquascape a tank with these dimensions so that it looks good top-down and from the front.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
This is aquascape V. 2.0

With the new light:

Top-down view of a couple of the corals:

Because this is partially a frag/holding tank, I have a feeling it's always going to look kind of "bitty." :( I'll see what happens in the next aquascape

Last edited:

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
The tank is starting to look good. The thing that I was most surprized about is, how far the lights are away from the water, wasn't expecting to see that. Also the box in the center of the tank, is that an over flow box? I thought it might be a HOB filter, but it goes all the way to the bottom of the tank, so I thought it might be a over flow box, but it would be to tall for that, so I don't know what it is, lol.