Anemone Advice

Jan 9, 2009
Owensboro, KY
I've had this bubble tip for about 3 months, and it has always been pretty full and my question is, is it possible my clowns are damaging it? They nip at it and wallow around in it so hard that it draws up like in the pics ( not good ones but best I could get) Thanks for any advice in advance

Attachments

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I had a small Anemone I bought from Vivid, and my two M. clowns almost killed it. I bought a much bigger anemone from someone local ( for the same money I paid Vivid for the small one) my clowns migrated to the larger anemone and it has taken 6 months for the small one to recover.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
they are definitely harrassing it. Though they are natural hosts to maroons, the anemone must be big enough to house two overly active maroons. You should try and find a larger one for them to host. this anemone is definitely showing signs of stress, it looks bleached and needs to recouperate. I would try and remove it if possible and isolate it from the clowns until it recovers. Feed it and give it good light until it builds up it's zoathelle and regains color and size.