2 mysteries in my tank!

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
Wow...
I want to work at my LFS now..
I can't deny, that though has crossed my mind... but not the big chain stores like petco. i was thinking of working at a local family owned store that only carries fish. Their mascot is a meter-long(looks like might be 60-80lbs) red tail catfish living in an indoor pond inside the store. i would so want to feed him everyday :p

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2009
England
serpae tetra

these are diffinatley serpae tetra, i used to have 5 but they can turn territorial if left alone in a tank and you then put a new fish in... but i guess most fish will be like this ??

DarkLies

Large Fish
Nov 9, 2009
Louisiana
I can't deny, that though has crossed my mind... but not the big chain stores like petco. i was thinking of working at a local family owned store that only carries fish. Their mascot is a meter-long(looks like might be 60-80lbs) red tail catfish living in an indoor pond inside the store. i would so want to feed him everyday :p
I would get lost and just stand there to watch him!!

This pertains to the title, not the actual topic. =]
Today, I found 2 young guppy fry in the 35
One was a month old
the other was newborn
??
wtf??

Anyway
I quarantined a few of the maturing fry (4 months old Christmas Day) and stared at them...for..hours
My dad told me "Moira, give it up. It's like watching a tree waiting for lightning to strike it."
I thought it was the most amazing thing ever
But I found no other fishies and the girls didn't have any fry yet =/

My story kinda fits in with the title, seeing as those two fry ARE mysteries!!

DarkLies

Large Fish
Nov 9, 2009
Louisiana
Haha...yea, you're right...maybe I shouldn't hug it ...
I told my mom I wanted to hug my fry and she told me that she's afraid that it wouldn't work out between us XD

Is it personable? or..is it just kinda there?

Doomhed

Large Fish
Feb 11, 2003
Rhode Island
Visit site
Oops, that's not what I meant :)
Let me try to rephrase that

Does it have any personality or is it "just a fish" that swims around oh so boringly?
I dont know the fish personally, but in general red tailed sharks are dumber than platies. At least platies know what your hand looks like and that you are a godlike benevolent being that makes food fall from the strange "dry world" above in fish heaven where all floaters are lifted up and on to the afterlife.

Can you tell I like to talk in a booming voice and complicated sentence structure when feeding fish?