New fish Probs

nibbs

New Fish
Feb 6, 2010
i have been trying to introduce new fish to my tank but they keep on dying two angel fish died, neon tetra disappearing but my older fish are fine. Any ideas?

1 rainbow shark
4 blackwidow tetras
1 pleco
1 small eel like fish (can't remember what kind)
4 guppys (5 yesterday)

misterking

Superstar Fish
Aug 12, 2008
Manchester, UK
www.facebook.com
How many gallons is your tank? It is probably the rainbow shark, which should not be kept with smaller species.
Rather than jumping to conclusions (I've had rainbow sharks with neons and had no issues in the past) we should probably ask more questions.

Did you cycle the tank? Do you have a test kit to give readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate? Did the fish look healthy in store? How long generally did you have them before they started dieing? Did you notice anything odd about the dead fish (markings, red patches etc)? Any idea what type of pleco you have, if not, any way of posting a pic of it and the eel so we can help identify?

Answers to all but the last question should hopefully be able to clear up the cause.

wananwu

Small Fish
Feb 6, 2010
Those all sound like a petsmart starter pack if it is the eel is probably a peacock or zig zag. that being the case they are carnivorous and a young neon would be a good snack