Help!!!

ChakaRaka

Small Fish
Dec 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Okay so I'm going to the store today and I need to know how to convince my dad to let me buy a BETTA!!! Any ideas...????

please I'm going today so I need help ASAP!
Hi again, thealexisstrain,

Well, 1st it's Valentines day and you are presumably a female from your name, so if that is the case I am sure you know how to be convincing. (Sorry if I presumed wrong...)

Second, it sounds like you have prepared and done a lot of research as to what you require. So that shows maturity and responsibility. BUT, from what I gather you do not have a heater, a filter and cycled water yet. So when you have those last 3 criteria (and only then) do I think you have a good, reasonable and strong argument to get this fish you really want. Sorry, it will not likely happen today, but you can definitely "get the ball rolling" today.

Showing that you are not yet prepared totally, and aware of it, also shows maturity and ability to resist momentary impulses. That kind of thing goes a long way in convincing a parent. ;)

ChakaRaka.

Feb 5, 2010
In a big wooden box
Yeah... I forgot to mention, I've learned about cycling and I have a filter and a heater... and yeah I'm a female so convincing should be like my middle name, but this is my dad I'm talking about I'm sure he will let me because I asked him for a Betta before and it worked. Crosses fingers... *prays*

Is there anything else i should look a upon?

IceDragon

Small Fish
Jan 20, 2010
take all the information you have and present your case. That will show responsability. Show him what you have done, the research you have collected the work you have done. That should be all the proving that your ready for this commitment. Good Luck

Feb 5, 2010
In a big wooden box
take all the information you have and present your case. That will show responsability. Show him what you have done, the research you have collected the work you have done. That should be all the proving that your ready for this commitment. Good Luck
That's a good way to put it Ice Dragon. Thank you, I guess I better go find all the things I printed up! Just to keep you guys updated, I've had a Betta before, and I was allowed so I will also state how long that guy lived, and that I'm fully ready for this responsibility!

Because I might get one, I will have to keep up good behavour and such. Listening and so on, so far I've been a good girl today! Not that I'm not sometimes I can be braty from a terrible mood but today I feel good.

If I get a Betta, it will be a male but naming will soon be my next issue. Got any ideas on that, and whether a Betta is truly a great pet? I surely think so, they are also so SO PRETTY.

Thanks Ice Dragon, that was very VERY helpful information you told me. *Stacks all printed paper work about the Betta and fish care*

IceDragon

Small Fish
Jan 20, 2010
Lol hopes all works out for you and i agree that a betta makes a great pet. My wife loves her and she is training it currently. It actually comes to the top of its tank to see her.