Ideas for my cycling 90 gallon bowfront

Mikeyboi86

Small Fish
Feb 27, 2010
i know clownfish don't need Anemones and that they do just fine with out. I just like watching the relationship between the clownfish and the Anemones. I think its cool that that clown fish get protection from the Anemones and the clowns feed the anemones.

I've also read that it is sometimes unhealthy or bothersome to the corals to let clowns host in them. Is that true?

230lbs Might be over kill but I have my rock work layed out the way I want it. Lol I dun wanna mess it up >.<

*edit* Are these tanks that belong to you btw?

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
as far as the amount of rock 1 lb per gallon minimum and anything over is personal preferance but definitly wont hurt anything! and 230lbs of rock seems like alot to some people but depending on what type or rock it is it might not be as much as youd think... for example caribean rock weighs alot more than fiji.... definitly get fish first since you wanna make sure everything is stable before corals.... some corals dont appriciate hosting clown fish and may not open all the way up or extend theyr polyps like they should... i wouldnt say you have to wait a year for a anem but id shoot for a minimum of 4-6 months and defintly make sure you have stable params

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
a 29g could work.... id make it a sump/fuge so you can house a skimmer in one section, a refugium in another and have a return section aswell... what are the dimensions on that 29g? for skimmer i suggest an octopus extreme 160.... by far the best skimmer ive gotten my hands on

Mikeyboi86

Small Fish
Feb 27, 2010
a 29g could work.... id make it a sump/fuge so you can house a skimmer in one section, a refugium in another and have a return section aswell... what are the dimensions on that 29g? for skimmer i suggest an octopus extreme 160.... by far the best skimmer ive gotten my hands on
30x12x18

I need to figure out what size pipe imma need, and the pump.