Kalk Reactor question

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
This is the next thing on my hit list. My LFS gets a discount from BRS so I am going to order thru him. I pay the regular price :( but the LFS gets the business and that will keep him happy. Anyway I thought I would get some input on this, if this is the one I should buy or not or any other thoughts ya'll might have.

about:blank

not sure the link will work or not, if not its from BRS, the Aquamedic Kalkwasser Stirrer/ Reactor 1000

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
the info i gathered when researching before i bought mine was that you dont want a kalk "stirrer" because something with the stiring mechanism and kalk doesnt work well over time... instead you want a pump drivin kalk reactor which uses a pump to keep the kalk mixed up instead of the stiring mechanism.... before i found the sweet deal on mine i was looking at the "reeftek" kalk reactor (do a google search) for referance im using the "precision marine" reactor

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Well, My LFS man did some checking for me. He said no way around it, I will have to spend $200 for a top off system for the Kalk Stirrer, plus the $200 for the for the Kalk Stirrer. He said I could most likely jury rig a top off system for less, but if I wanted to do it right thats what it would cost me. I didn't want to spend this much on a top off system, $200 for something I really don't want rubs me the wrong way. I would be better off spending another $300 and just get a Calicum reactor for the 200g full blown SPS tank that I want, I would probley be better off with the Calicum Reactor anyway. I will check out the Reeftek TRe. I kinda don't know which way to go here. I want the SPS tank but think I might be getting in over my head here. Not the money part, the being able to grow the SPS corals.

Last edited: