uh oh

Nov 5, 2009
CT
my mollies seem to be not doing so well. the little one is swimming kind of sideways and the big one is just really slow. doesnt have his fin up like he used to. the only thing i'v been doing differently is bigger water changes every week. i'm gonna do a water test in a minute just wanted to get this thread up as soon as possible

Last edited:

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
add some tap water conditioner ASAP! chlorine will kill fish.
and you need to get an ammonia test as well. you might be dechlorinating your tap water and adding ammonia to the tank as a result unless your brand of dechlorinator detoxifies ammonia. you will never know this until you get an ammonia kit and measure.

Nov 5, 2009
CT
i just add the stuff right into the tank?

hopefully thats wat u meant cause thats wat i did. lol. wen i go get more water conditioner should i make sure i get stuff that gets rid of amonia also?

Last edited:

Doomhed

Large Fish
Feb 11, 2003
Rhode Island
Visit site
i do. but since my chlorine was a lil high i was just wondering if it was ok to add the stuff directly into the tank where as wen i do water changes i first put it in a bucket to measure, and then pour the conditioned water into the tank
yes, now never again add untreated water to your tank.

::hits frankenfish with a rolled up newspaper::

BAD frankenfish! BAD!

ValRasbora

Superstar Fish
May 2, 2009
Atlantic Canada
yeah, make sure you add water conditioner next time *before* doing a water change. I've seen people who, when doing water changes, just pour a bunch of UN-treated water into their tank, then go looking for their water conditioner (wherever it is).

and about letting the conditioner diffuse throughout the water- sometimes I do it, sometimes I don't. I just shake up the water ususally then add it to the tank. Most often it says "instantly conditions water!", and instant dosen't mean you wait :p

I am sure you will get this thread up quick. I liked the name frankenfish since I am a big fan of frankenfish.
my mollies seem to be not doing so well. the little one is swimming kind of sideways and the big one is just really slow. doesnt have his fin up like he used to. the only thing i'v been doing differently is bigger water changes every week. i'm gonna do a water test in a minute just wanted to get this thread up as soon as possible