i wonder

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
The fish that can turn around comfortably in the width of the tank, not the length. I think one of the most important design functions of a tank is proportion. You can nearly stuff a dolphin in there but i'm pretty sure it would look funny ;-)

What kind of fish did you have in mind? Some of the medium to large cichlids would make good candidates. As would maybe a largish pleco or maybe even some mature fancy goldfish. goldfish can get pretty big sometimes....

lauraf

Superstar Fish
Jan 1, 2010
Vancouver, British Columbia
I was just wondering
Wondering is a good thing. Hey Dandre, instead of getting us all weirded out that you are actually doing something that wouldn't be advisable, maybe you should preface your inquiries with, "I'm just curious . . .", or " I wonder if . . ." I think people here might be less quick to jump all over you, and we could have a real exchange of information to help you out and generate some interesting discussion.
Just a thought.
;)

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
I forget where to find it but out there somewhere in the great internet there is a formula to calculate the approximate o2 requirements and related waste of fish by size. Of course it requires a fair bit of math, but could be useful for the budget minded aquarium hobbyist trying to raise a rather large fish. I've seen people stuff poor arrowanas into 6 foot long tanks, but it just looks so sad. Like fish Jail. So did you have any ideas of fish you had in mind?