is my tank over stock

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
If you get the BN and get rid of the common pleco, you'll get good. Watch out for the angelfish pairing off. I would be worried about 55gal (4ft of tank) not being quite big enough for two full-grown pairs of angels since they can get pretty territorial. Also, black skirt tetras are notorious fin-nippers, so keep an eye on your angels fins. I would actually up the number of tetras to eight or so to keep them occupied with each other and then they'll leave the other fish alone. Also, when you get the BN pleco, make sure you have driftwood in the tank to supplement his diet (if you don't already have driftwood in your tank).

wananwu

Small Fish
Feb 6, 2010
If you get the BN and get rid of the common pleco, you'll get good. Watch out for the angelfish pairing off. I would be worried about 55gal (4ft of tank) not being quite big enough for two full-grown pairs of angels since they can get pretty territorial. Also, black skirt tetras are notorious fin-nippers, so keep an eye on your angels fins. I would actually up the number of tetras to eight or so to keep them occupied with each other and then they'll leave the other fish alone. Also, when you get the BN pleco, make sure you have driftwood in the tank to supplement his diet (if you don't already have driftwood in your tank).
bass is very correct I just happened to have four full grown angels pair off and it ended in total war, but i think i saved my ebony in time she is in rough shape and i hope not to lose him

lauraf

Superstar Fish
Jan 1, 2010
Vancouver, British Columbia
Same thing happened to me with my four angels. I sold off one of the breeding pair, and the other two remaining are pretty peaceful towards everyone else in the tank now except for the one day every couple of weeks that they spawn. Then the other tankmates know to just let them be, and they won't get harrassed.