Anybody have a review for any of these?

Sep 30, 2010
California
facebook.com
Afternoon Everybody,
I was Wondering if anybody has bought any of these products and have a review for me on how they worked?
Thanks,
Mjnorcal

1. Digital Thermometer
http://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-Aquarium-Thermometer-probe-Fish-Tank-Water-/280566761850?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415315097a

2. Gravel cleaner/Siphon Pump?
Aquarium Fish Tank Vacuum Gravel Cleaner Siphon Pump - eBay (item 170507489254 end time Oct-28-10 22:59:02 PDT)

3. Check Valve
10 Non-Return One Way Check Valve Co2 Aquarium Air Pump - eBay (item 270644024671 end time Nov-01-10 21:20:07 PDT)

Total Price for everything is 7.98 so its like a hit or miss thing i guess

Last edited:

aakaakaak

Superstar Fish
Sep 9, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
1. It says no longer available. Most of the ones you can find at your LFS should do the trick though.
2. Yep, it should work. Personally I wouldn't be buying direct from China because the import fees and shipping fees will kick your butt. Go get one locally for 10-20 bucks or less.
3. You can get a check valve from PetSmart for 2 bucks. It's the same price, works the same way and comes a week to two weeks earlier.

Sep 30, 2010
California
facebook.com
1. It says no longer available. Most of the ones you can find at your LFS should do the trick though.
2. Yep, it should work. Personally I wouldn't be buying direct from China because the import fees and shipping fees will kick your butt. Go get one locally for 10-20 bucks or less.
3. You can get a check valve from PetSmart for 2 bucks. It's the same price, works the same way and comes a week to two weeks earlier.
1. i fixed the link
2. The import fees are included in the shipping it just takes 2 weeks to get here. from japan i have order super cheap hard drives for my computer and it took so long to get here but the actual fee is 98 cents to ship and 2 bucks on top extra
3. yeah but this comes with 10 check valves for the price of one at pets mart! lol

aakaakaak

Superstar Fish
Sep 9, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
1. YES! That's one of two standard models everybody uses.
2. Yep, that would work as long as there's no lead poisoning involved. That's kick butt for shipping from china.
3. How many check valves do you need? Do you need 10 check valves? I have zero because all my external gear is higher than my water.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
1. Based on my experience with one, a glass thermo is a much better and accurate deal.
2. you can make yourself a nice python DIY vacuum if you search around. its not a bad deal on that thing on ebay, but a DIY python might be better.
3. check valves to my knowledge are mostly the same. a cheap one from any LFS will do the same trick of preventing water siphoning backwards from the tank.

Sep 30, 2010
California
facebook.com
1. Based on my experience with one, a glass thermo is a much better and accurate deal.
2. you can make yourself a nice python DIY vacuum if you search around. its not a bad deal on that thing on ebay, but a DIY python might be better.
3. check valves to my knowledge are mostly the same. a cheap one from any LFS will do the same trick of preventing water siphoning backwards from the tank.
1. I love digital though xD and with this one i have the potential to wire it into my heater and do a little bit of editing and make it were i can set the temp of the heater by the digital one. Just takes some work and on the thing they said its usually only off by 0.1c and i already have a glass/mercury one to see how accurate this electronic one is gonna be. i have no doubt that i could control a heater with the digital one i mean im going to skool to get my ba in computer science :p
2.i know but its easier and cheaper to do this xD
3. yeah but for the prices of one check valve, im getting 10! ^^ xD

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
I was talking about the coralife digital thermo, which is probably what that black one is. mine broke within 2 days. seems that it tends to break if you mess around with the wires(which is what Mj wants to do) And i didnt even mess with the wires, like tugging on them or anything, I just used the thermometer the way its supposed to be used, with the probe part submerged, and the readings started getting stupid(130F+?). so i gently twisted the probe onto the wire a bit, but that didnt help either. more like the thermo broke on its own.

2. if its cheaper then do w/e you think is best.
3. lol