Introduce plants & fish together or seperately?

Dec 20, 2010
I'll be setting my Fluval Ebi up soon & will have some live plants, a couple fish & a few shrimp in there.

I'll, most likely, have to mail order the shrimp.

I should be able to grab the plants & fish locally. Once I have the tank cycled & at a good ph level, will I be ok introducing the live plants to it with the fish @ the same time or should I do these seperately?

Also, feel free to suggest low to moderate light plants.

paperdog9

Large Fish
Dec 11, 2009
Your Imagination
If you're looking for Red Cherry Shrimp ( I strongly recomend them), go to aquabid.com and in the inverts section, find the Shrimp/Plants starter kit (seller called malibundy). I ordered this from him/her and everything was perfect, he/she puts in like 6 species of plants, and however many shrimp you order, but the best part, ITS CHEAP! There are all kinds of dealers on aquabid, but I just wanted to recommend Malibundy because it was the best deal I could find, and still was very good quality! Good luck!

Oh yes, and one plant in particular that grows suprisingly fast in medium/low light is moneywort.

Dec 20, 2010
If you're looking for Red Cherry Shrimp ( I strongly recomend them), go to aquabid.com and in the inverts section, find the Shrimp/Plants starter kit (seller called malibundy). I ordered this from him/her and everything was perfect, he/she puts in like 6 species of plants, and however many shrimp you order, but the best part, ITS CHEAP! There are all kinds of dealers on aquabid, but I just wanted to recommend Malibundy because it was the best deal I could find, and still was very good quality! Good luck!

Oh yes, and one plant in particular that grows suprisingly fast in medium/low light is moneywort.
Awesome, thanks.