My 55 gallon tank, pics inside

lauraf

Superstar Fish
Jan 1, 2010
Vancouver, British Columbia
That is a very nice looking tank. Lots of colors and very clean looking.

I have a general question, though... what is "media?"
Media in the case of this thread is the stuff - usually filter pads, or filter floss and carbon layers - that goes inside a filter. It collects good goop that when transferred to a brand new tank, helps quickly establish the bacteria needed for cycling.

Monoxide

Large Fish
Dec 19, 2008
Just wanted to say thats a very beautiful tank. Hope you and your girlfriend enjoy it lots. Like they said fish keeping can get addicted and alot of fun once you actually get to learning.

symon_say

Medium Fish
Dec 6, 2010
Dominican Republic
Hey that aqua-clear 70 is more then enough filtration for a 55 :)
I know, but you can't over filter a fish tank, and the aqueon filter came with the kit, and is really good for mechanical filtration.

Beautiful tank. :)

Appreciate if u can take closeup pics of ur fishes too
My honey gourami:

My bronze cory and glofish:

I add more glofish and panda cory, but i don't have pictures yet.

nanu156

Large Fish
Mar 8, 2010
Detroit, Mi
well it's a power drain and the aquaclear provides the best mechanical and bio filtration system in the industry. Filters catch poop and food, and house bacteria. if you are catcing more food/poo then the aqaclear can keep up with you are over feeding. :
Good job on picking the aquaclear it's the BEST;) btw when your sponge pops up that means it needs rinsed, and you should be able to go nearly a decade wo replacing it. Also don't use the carbon bags unless you are removing medicine from the tank, it becomes inert after 48 or so hours.

Feb 25, 2011
Michigan
You and your girlfriend have done an Awesome job on your tank! Love the moonlight addition too. You will love live plants once you get some. I started my 55 gallon out with live plants and really, the only problem I have had has been snail infestation.