Bottom Feeder for Guppies and Bettas?

nanu156

Large Fish
Mar 8, 2010
Detroit, Mi
well if your pleco could give my plecos some tips that would be great ;) lazy jerks! :)

BN's are fairly effective algae eaters particularly when they are small :)

Oct 15, 2010
@OC: Otos (and others of the same family) can/will suck the slime coat of others if given the chance. My crew killed every one of my frogs before I figured this out.

I can agree with no otos- didn't see(or missed that part) the post where he said what he wanted. Perhaps shrimp or snails?

Feb 27, 2009
@OC: Otos (and others of the same family) can/will suck the slime coat of others if given the chance. My crew killed every one of my frogs before I figured this out.
I would find it hard to believe it was any of the Otocinclus species that did this. They do not digest animal protein from what I've studied. Do you have any photos of the fish that killed your frogs?

Aug 13, 2010
Sicklerville, NJ
My Otto's rock and cleaning algae, my Clown is a lazy POS when it comes to anything but eating driftwood and looking cool! My BN's are also very good at cleaning algae. No issues with the female betta's? I would rehome those if a CUC was desired, because before you know it there will be more guppies