Help is my fish pregnant?????

Mar 26, 2012
Hi,

Please help, I got this fish yesterday and the staff didnt know what was wrong, it looks like she is pregnant ( i think it is a she), but I am not sure. It is supposed to be a Platy??... Please let me know I need to make certain changes if so...

032612 004.jpg

Mar 26, 2012
possible balloon platy or pregnant??

03262012 007.jpg
I have plattys myself and 1 pregnant one too this is a platty forsure this looks very pregnant or sadly messed up fish!!!
Ok, someone said this could be a balloon platy...or pregnant...i have put another picture i could use some guesses so that i can separate her if necessary...please help 03262012 007.jpg

Mar 26, 2012
ok...so she is a balloon molly....she looks pregnant to me, and i think that is what you where saying but I want to make sure, again I am new to this...so she looks to you (since you already have a balloon molly), that she is pregnant?

Sep 5, 2011
New Jersey
definitely a balloon molly, probably pregnant as well. unless you'd like to keep the fry, theres no need to separate her. she'll give birth and the babies will either hide or be eaten. the only thing separating her would do is stress her out but also keep other fish from bugging her, its your call.

MeganA

New Fish
Mar 29, 2012
Enid Oklahoma
I am new to all this. I only know what I have been researching about my own fish BUT from strictly a non-expert I think this is a balloon platy and I would say she is defiantly pregnant. You can see the small black spots on her belly not the 2 large spots but the small spots those are the eyes of the babies. She also looks square to me which from what people are telling me means that she is about to drop those babies :) Do you have fry yet?