420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
ugh...okay...i was snapping pics of my 55 a few minutes ago, and i noticed that Lulu (my baby clown) wasnt in her usual place(hanging out on the right side of the tank waiting for me to toss in some food). being that i broke down the tank the day before and changed the substrate and 50% of the water, she was probably still a little scared and hiding in near some rocks or in the driftwood. i couldnt find her. as i begin counting my fish i notice i only have three clowns swimming around. now im frantic...take of the hood, pick up the driftwood, take the top rocks off of the caves...no loaches.:(

my thoughts are, they couldnt handle the stress of the tank change and passed in the night.:( but, being that the tank was spotless, i thought id find some form of remains. then i remembered what apple snails do.:(

this sucks...

Last edited:

420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
idk...the other loaches and the tiger barbs are fine, seem to be enjoying the tank quite nicely. it has less of a cave system now, less hiding spaces may have added to the stress. i didnt put in any plants yet.

they were fine when i looked at them before i did the change, but having to net them twice in one day is alot to ask. i also thought that maybe they had jumped out of the net when i was putting them back in, but a check of my floor showed no evidence.

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
try vacuuming the substrate for bones their still might be a chance that you still have your loaches and they are buried deep or hiding in the most impossible crack that you wouldn't guess they could fit into.also try looking in a 8 foot radius around your tank.you wouldn't belive how far a fish outta water can flop around.either way i'm sorry to hear that loach.i hate that sinking feeling that comes over you when you notice a missing fish.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
We had that happen once. We were getting 2 clown plecos, they guy put them in the plastic holding tanks that hang on the main tanks, poured them into the bags. When we got to the checkout I was checking out the new fish, but one bag was empty. The poor pleco was still in the holding tank :( It's a good thing I noticed, or we would have paid $9 for a bag of water, and there would have been a dead pleco in the store.

420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
OMFG!! right when i go to turn off the lights in my 55, who do i see...Lulu!! swimming around happily with the tiger barbs. one of my loaches is still missing, but this gives me hope that hes jammed in a tiny space hiding somewhere.:D

where she was hiding is what i want to know...guess that driftwood has more holes in it then i thought...

sorry about the false post...if i find the other loach tommorrow im really gonna feel like an @$$. well...happy/@$$.:)

420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
YES!!:D:D i decided to look one more time this morning, and when i took the driftwood out to get a better look...theres the other loach, jammed in a nook in the side of the driftwood(i think he might have been stuck...i had to wiggle him free.)

thanks for all the support everyone, sorry for posting a false obituary. ill delete this post after a while.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D <---- the most smilies ever in an obituary.

Last edited: