20 gallon high

Apr 14, 2008
This tank is slowly shaping into what I had hoped... :p

Still haven't got the T5HO light but there's reasons...I decided to use my money for betta purposes... :p

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
The 150 is coming along real good. I got a couple corals, Frogspawn, Xenia and colt. I also have a few fish, 3 yellow tail blue damsels, 1 fire fish, and 2 perc clowns. I also have a hand full of hermit crabs in there as well. I can send the corals out Monday for you. I think I have it saved but to me sure can you PM me your address. The Monti cap is encrusting the plug I put it on and its grown far enough off the plug to attach to the rock work. The GSP is doing good, its not spread much but it extends very far now so I assume it will start to spread now.

Apr 14, 2008
Sent you the PM, Kerry ... *slaps self for forgetting*

Anyways, I'm gonna redo this tank a bit before I get the new frags ... as you can tell from that last pic, the macro algae has consumed everything ... I'm not fully opposed except it's beginning to choke stuff out[and my clownfish uses it to hide in while she disassembles my hand] ... so ... my mission soon will be cleaning as much out as possible[and maybe more of the GSPs] and doing a huge[75%?] WC ...

I also need to replace 2 of the bulbs or maybe the whole fixture soon. I'm not sure just yet. I've also been letting it get sunlight since it's close to a window and the corals are LOVING that ... :p

Apr 14, 2008
The current lights are 4 spiral 6500k CF bulbs. Definitely the wrong spectrum[the corals grow really fast, but don't show the epic color they could] but I'll get to replacing it soon enough.

Apr 14, 2008
Ok, I'll admit it, I hate working. I barely had enough time to keep the tanks alive[kinda failed for 70% of the FW tanks] and just forget about trying to journal them. xD

In any case, my [now] 15gal reef is still alive. I lost the firefish in the 20gH[he was 2] but Ember is still alive and well.

The tank recieved a much needed light upgrade[it runs a 4 bulb 96W T5HO fixture] and I also upgraded the filter to an AquaClear from the one that was previously on here. Stock is Ember, the 2 year old ocellaris clownfish, a yellow tip hermit crab, zebra turbo snail, cerith snails[mexican & dwarf], asterina starfish, feather dusters, bristle worms, green star polyps, palys, zoas, mushroom corals, pom pom xenias, kenya tree, & montipora SPS. Also there's a massive invasion of grape caulerpa[some cheatomorpha, helmedia, & an unknown sp of macro algae along with that]. xD Despite constant neglect and almost hatred at times the tank is doing pretty well for itself. When it's better, I plan to get some more corals but I'm working on getting a handle on the algae.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2008
That'd be cool! I just need to start eradicating the grape calupera[making my other empty 20gL[I have 2] a macro algae tank for my green spot puffer to make room for corals in here. xD

Do you still have the toadstools?

Apr 14, 2008
That'd be epic, then! I was looking up the colt coral and it seems actually kinda close looking to the Kenya tree[which is doing amazing under this "new" lighting] but it's very nice! It's got a slightly different appearance and definitely seems like it'll be a welcome addition to my tank! Do you think they'd survive the shipping this late into the year?

Oh, BTW, I must admit I still love this thing but it's grown a lot since this pic:

Apr 14, 2008
And a slightly delayed update. xD

My reef officially died in January[I was really involved in catching up on/watching the walking dead, so I remember the general time frame] because the heater malfunctioned and got the tank up to 96 degrees. Ember & 90% of my corals are gone. Feels like the end of a rein.

Anyways, since then, I neglected it. The pink algae took over, the powerhead won't stay on the glass any more, etc. soooo ... I started cleaning it up a bit earlier and it's close to this:

I got the tank a koralia nano ... uhhh ... *looks* 240 & a big thingy of salt. Hopefully within the next few weeks, the tank will start looking presentable again.

Stock right now is some zoas/palys, mushrooms, a blue damsel[Ripley], asterina starfish, bristleworms, zebra turbo/dwarf cerith snails & a yellow tip hermit crab.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2008
Oh wow ... over a year of updates ...

Equipment: Still a 15gal tank ... the koralia powerhead and AquaClear 30 ... along with the quad bulb T5HO light all have fizzled out or had problems ... half the quad works which is fine I guess and the AC got replaced with an Aqueon ... IDR.

Livestock: As you can tell ... there's corals ... green star polyps, green implosion palythoas, kenya tree ... and I think that's it. I wanna get a pulsing xenia, some mushrooms and maybe another group of zoanthids. As far as fish go, 2 damsels and 1 clownfish ... I abhor the fact I have damsels but they're not going anywhere for a while ... probably gonna get a cleaner shrimp at some point for in here as far as future plans go.