3 foot tank for interesting fish?

Somonas

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
O-town
www.myfishtank.net
[quote author=cowboydude link=board=cichlid&num=994314438&start=15#16 date=07/08/01 at 20:10:38]
Personally I would suggset rocks for an african tank myself. That is what their natural habitat is and that's what I think looks better. But plastic plants would be okay. I just think the rocks look better than the others. Do what you like but I thought i would add that.
[/quote]

I agree, lots of dark coloured rocks, and preferrably a dark coloured substrate, and zero plants will mimic the Malawi/Tang biotope %100

If someone is insistant on live plants, Anubias and Java fern - fish do not like the taste of these but they will probably still uproot them ;)

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
Posted By: cowboydude            Posted on: 07/06/01
yes I also beg to differ here. At my lfs they have a large tank (200 gallons) with angles and discus in it! They have it fully planted and they have 8 discus and 3 angles and they are all full grown. If you just plant it right and keep it really clean then it will be fine. Like discus said they swim together in the wild. I have also heard people say that angels can't survive in the same temperature as discus. I know this isn't true myself. They seem to be a perfect match as tank mates in the tank at the lfs and I have never heard her complain about they're aggression before so I would say they're fine together.  

If this is how you do it.If it is
Thankyou Ryan.  ;D This was just a test ;D

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
I don't think that's right Daniel. Did you click the quote button underneath my post and then start typing after the little thing that looks like this

[/quote]

If so you did it right but I don't think you did. If you need anymore help send me a private message. ;D

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
[quote author=cowboydude link=board=cichlid&num=994314438&start=15#25 date=07/11/01 at 07:39:53]
I don't think that's right Daniel. Did you click the quote button underneath my post and then start typing after the little thing that looks like this

If so you did it right but I don't think you did. If you need anymore help send me a private message.

[/quote] :)
Thankyou God BUt, D@mit it took me that long to figure it out

taybelZ

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Well i've decided to get a 4 foot tank insteed 55 gallons.
Anyway still haven't decided as to what fish to keep.... i think discus would be way too hard for me... too much time with teh water changing. However i;ve seen some products whihc purify and decorlorine the tap water making it suitable for the tank. THe product just slips over the tap and u direct a tube to u're tank. Sounds good, but i'm not sure if this would be what i need.
Anyway thanks for your ideas and suggestions.  :)

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
[quote author=cowboydude link=board=cichlid&num=994314438&start=15#28 date=07/11/01 at 17:44:44]
Well Daniel you finally figured it out! Yeah. Now was that so hard? ;D
[/quote]

Yes, it was ;D