40 gallon breeder build thread

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Looking good man.. Pretty bare as far as corals go though? Is it gonna be mostly just fish only with a few corals?
I thought so but I'm testing the angel out with some zoa I just put in there today. Also the starfish but I don't expect it to be a problem. Definitely no SPS those will stay in the 90. I'm thinking about turning it into a big zoa garden. Putting frags all over and letting them cover the rocks. The only other fish I plan on putting in is a Bangaii Cardinalfish.

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Here's the new addition. There's a second LTA but it's shriveled and white. She had it in a T5 tank that wasn't very bright for it's depth and it was up under the rock in the shade. Hopefully it'll fill back out in the halide.

This one looks good though and the maroon is nice!

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
shrivelled isn't the problem the color of it is. If it is white it is bleached and probably checking out. Try to feed it and nourish it back to health. good luck.....don't overfeed it just a small piece of shrimp/silverside every week ...until it regains it's color

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Water parameters are good the LTA not looking so good lately. I added a Randall's Goby a few days ago and after a couple days of hiding he's decided to take up residence where the watchman and pistol shrimp live. Should be interesting they don't seem to be fighting yet:

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
sniff well this tank is being sold tomorrow. I have been unemployed most of the year and could use the money. Plus this tank just really hasn't taken off like my 90 did. I'm selling it for more than I have put into it so that's a plus. I put a really nice big Randall's Goby in a few weeks ago and after that my pistol shrimp and watchman goby disappeared. Never saw the two gobies fighting and the Randall's and shrimp should have paired. Once I decided to sell the tank I put the Flame Angel and Randall's into my 90. I thought the Flame might get beat up on by the damsels, gramma, etc. in the 90 but as soon as it went it it went on the attack and let the other fish know who's boss. Never hid made itself right at home. The goby did too I figured it would have hid for a few days but he made himself right at home.