5 gallon idea ok or not? *need advice asap leaving in 1 and a half hours*

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
I'd probly add the plants, otos and snail to the tank first and keep the betta in a different Qt tank w/ java moss and hiding spots since my last one didn't know how to swim to well it could be the same with another.

and i may or may not get a betta it'll depend on whats their, but all them little faces do get to me so i'll probably bring one home lol.

also leaving in 5 mins

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
hmm sounds good
plants will help with any mini-cycle tank goes through

also with your minnows, see if your lfs will take them for stroe credit, or a trade for an oto or two

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
no one will take my minnows my lps closed down and no way i'd even try with wal-mart.I'll just keep the little agressive buggers they are cute in their own way i think they are white clouds.

also leaving in less then a min.as soon as the van is desnowed LOL.

Last edited:

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
Well i'm back with no fish or plants or even snails.My dad and i seen some dead fish and it made my dad say," No more fish from here till they learn to care for em."My dad pointed out this really beautiful but dead betta to one of the workers and he said he can't remove it w/o his supervisors permission,I wanna know wtf is up with that. *almost every fish ect the goldies,gouramis and oscars were dead*

my dad said were gonna order online *he's finally come around that it's better* and through catalogs as well as breeders.

also i think white clouds are pose to be gentle but mine are mean little aggressive buggers.

Mar 24, 2006
Pennsylvania
I wouldn't suggest the corydoras though you don't seem to be heading that way now. I kept my bronze corydoras and axelrodi in my 5 gal while I was setting up my second ten gallon, and they were extremely skittish. I had plants and a cave, but I just don't think there was enough room for them to feel secure. My betta tended not to like them either, she would nip them so she could have their food.

Mystery snails can be a lot of fun, mine tripled in size within a few months and eats out of my hand. Though he does leave a lot of mess in the tank, if I didn't clean once a week he'd make it fairly nasty quickly.

That's sad about Wal-Mart, but at least now you'll be able to get better quality fish!

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
=D I love aquabid now if i can convince my dad to buy me some from their.

Much dislike for wal-mart now though,but i'm glad i got my pleco from their he had just came in so he did'nt stay in their icky tanks for a long time.

Also i may be getting a 1 gal tank stand tomarrow.

Last edited: